List of wheels for the Speed6?

funkytuqe

:
2003 Protege 5, 06 Mazdaspeed6
Hey there, just wondering if there is a list of wheels somewhere floating on the net of which wheels will fit our Speed 6's. It seems that every wheel i like does not have the apropriate offset.
I would like an offset of +48 or higher to avoid rubbing and i do not want to deal with rolling the fenders.
Thanks. I will keep looking and maybe post wheels here with +48 offset or higher as i run into them.

Most websites that sell wheels, like Tire Rack for example, allow you to search for wheels that will fit your car.

From what I've heard, you should be able to get down to a +45 mm offset and not have any problems.

Hope that helps.

If somebody with some technical expertise wants to make a list of wheels with diameter, offset, size, weight, manufacturer, model and any other information in excel, I can make a pdf out of it and post it on this forum or on my own website, which I will be completely updating soon. I hope to compile a large list of parts, vendor websites and support websites for the Mazdaspeed6 / 3.

I got a set of MB Motorsports (discount tire's house name) "Drifter" wheels that are actually made by Liquid Metal. They are a nice looking set of 5 spokes and look far better than the stockers and are a decent price $140 each.
I got these in a 45+ offset and no rub issues, fills out the wheel well real nice and they come in silver or gunmetal with a clearcoated lip.

I think that people should also note wheather or not they have lowered their MS6. One wheel with a particular offset might be fine on a stock MS6 but it might rub like crazy on a lowered one.

Edgeracing has some nice A&L Enkies, also looking at the Konig Kolors from JLBMotorsports or a local Discount Tire. Both are 20lbs or less.

I have OZ ultraleggera's in 18x8 with a +48, 235/40 kumho extsa ASX tires, I had to roll the entire rear fenders or the right rear tire would rub after a hard 1~2 shift. I am not lowered(yet)..

ok guys i just hooked up with this guy Chris at Sportmax wheels http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/ and had him mesure for my wheels and come up with some stuff that looked tight and had a fat lip just contact them and ask for Chris and let him know u have a speed6 and want the wheels that fit i think he will have a few diffrent wheels available anyways mine came in today heres a couple pics.

HPIM0765.jpg

HPIM0766.jpg

HPIM0757.jpg

What wheel is that? What size/offset? Do you have any full shots of your car with the wheels on?

chuyler1 said:
Oh, btw. I just created a new thread with wheel/tire info...
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3091930#post3091930

Great job chuyler1. I'll sticky this thread. How about adding an Excel sheet that we can keep track of all the options people have used so that we can simply post the sheet on the thread in order to keep the thread clean?

I would be happy to make and update the sheet if people suggested all the parameters that they would like to see listed.

R

Edit: D'oh...didn't see that you had stickied it already.

Rainman said:
Great job chuyler1. I'll sticky this thread. How about adding an Excel sheet that we can keep track of all the options people have used so that we can simply post the sheet on the thread in order to keep the thread clean?

I would be happy to make and update the sheet if people suggested all the parameters that they would like to see listed.

R

Edit: D'oh...didn't see that you had stickied it already.
I pretty much scoured the rim thread over at mazda6 club . com and combined it with other threads here and there. I didn't list anything on the outskirts that didn't have at least one person say they got it to work without rubbing. However, sometimes you get mixed results depending on tires and ride height so that is why I put disclaimers in. I will widen the offset ranges if people try something new and testify that it doesn't rub without rolling the fenders. Obviously a larger number of wheels will fit if you do roll so I didn't use rolled fender examples when I came up with the offset numbers.

Back