mazdaspeed6 rims on mz5

808mz5

:
Mazda 5
What are your opinions? I have the opportunity to get the speed 6 rims for a good $$$.

Any one have any thoughts.....

808mz5 said:
What are your opinions? I have the opportunity to get the speed 6 rims for a good $$$.

Any one have any thoughts.....
I have seen them on a 5 before and it actually looked pretty good.
I'll see if I can find the pics and put them up here...

i would... that was my first option before i got my rota's, but i couldn't find one priced reasonably (within my budged at least). just the tires itself is a major upgrade compared to the toyos that came with our 5. for me at least, this is a no brainer... plus they're 18's and look way better than the stock 5.

if i'm not mistaken these are the wheels you're talkin' about except the center part is blacked out.

Attachments

• IMG_1032_1.JPG
    IMG_1032_1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Good luck finding an tire to fit em. Not much selection in the stock size right now, although the Pirelli P-Zero Nero that comes on the regular 6 18" is a nice all season tire for pretty cheap.

Thanks for the photo assist. THe rims I'm looking at are teh actual mazdaspeed 6 wheels in the picture. 18x7 and I was going to use either 215/45/18 or 225/40/18. Alot of people on Oahu run low profiles so it's not that hard to find a set of tires that will fit.

geezerz99 said:
i would... that was my first option before i got my rota's, but i couldn't find one priced reasonably (within my budged at least). just the tires itself is a major upgrade compared to the toyos that came with our 5. for me at least, this is a no brainer... plus they're 18's and look way better than the stock 5.

if i'm not mistaken these are the wheels you're talkin' about except the center part is blacked out.

Looks good. So those are 18"? How different is the ride? My 5 is a family car so I can't be scraping over speed bumps, hehe

What kind of tires do you have? I've seen the G-Force and they look nice as an alternative to the Toyos.

Those are going to look good!

I wish I could run 18's, but roads are too crappy here. The 40/45 series tires will make a noticeble handling improvement.(drinks)

Keep Zooming!

I haven't bought the tires yet.. I've been debating on 215/45/18 or 225/40/18. The 225's are the correct diameter as the 205/50/17 but we have killer poth holes here and the 5 is the family car and my wife drives it most of the time. I'll let you know what happens.

geezerz99 said:

that looks good. is this car lowered and what size tires are in this picture.

thanks,
tito

atito said:
Do you have to change the bolts when you get these rims or will the oem ones work? TIA

The OEM bolts will work... I'll try to mount the rim w/o the tire this weekend and take some pics, weather permiting....

I might be getting rid of the MS6 rims... picked up some MRR HR3's. I'm going for the JDM look. Any interest in the MS6's ????

Attachments

• hr3.jpg
    hr3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 163
Nice, did you already buy the MRR Design rims? I know Rock at the manufacture's. I was deciding on those rims and the GT1 in black...Post pics if you got 'em I'd like to see how it looks...what size did you get?

Last edited:
They are being shipped over... got 7.5x18 48offset polished face... Should be here in a week. Will take pics as soon as I get them....

Nice,please take pics asap...I wanna see....I've only seen those rims on Benz's and Infinitis so far....bippu style! Hey when you were looking at them did they say anything about fitting 19's? I've seen pics of the 5 with 20s so they must work...but I've been told it won't fit...Is that true?

Back