Fumoto Valve Installed

:
'06 5, '04 WRB WRX
Here's a picture of the Fumoto Valve I installed today during my oil change(sorry for the blurry shot. It was tough taking a pic under the 5 !):
DSCN0372.jpg

OK, I'll play the village idiot here (huh) , what the hell is a Fumoto Valve?

oil drain. Makes it easier to do oil changes. I might actually put one on the 5 because of that "shield" under it. I worry about putting it on my elantra because the bottom of the pan is exposed to road crap.

rodslinger said:
They call it that because it if ever opens while driving you FU your MOTO up.
Really ? Well lets see, I had it on my Odyssey for 2 years (before selling it), no problems. I've had it on my WRX for 2 years, no problem.
Yup, you're right, it DOES open up ! (glare) (glare)
Have you even physically examined and tried the valve ? I can tell you right now the spring is stiff and there's a notch that needs to be engaged for it to even open up accidentally.

Opus: Here's their website if you want to check it out: http://www.fumotovalve.com/

2cam16 said:
Really ? Well lets see, I had it on my Odyssey for 2 years (before selling it), no problems. I've had it on my WRX for 2 years, no problem.
Yup, you're right, it DOES open up ! (glare) (glare)
Have you even physically examined and tried the valve ? I can tell you right now the spring is stiff and there's a notch that needs to be engaged for it to even open up accidentally.

Opus: Here's their website if you want to check it out: http://www.fumotovalve.com/

Holy crap you're uptight... While my response could be considered technically factual, it WAS a joke. Sorry for not throwing in the smilie....

FYI - I put one on my truck three years ago. No problems...

I installed one during my first oil change. If you do your own oil changes, this valve is a must. I hate the fact that I have to take the undercover off every time I do an oil change for the Mazda5, but I only have to do it every 7500 miles and everything else is a snap.

Back