'04 MS6 Amp install with factory stereo

2peekpups

I am trying to install a fosgate x120.2 amp and one MTX 12. I have a line out converter but not sure where to install it. I have 3 basic questions......

How do I get the factory stereo out so I can install the LOC?

Are there preamp outs on the rear of the fact stereo(not Bose), or can it be converted?

If this is too cumbersome. is it recommended that I put the LOC on the rear speaker wires??

Thanks in advance

I used a high to low converter which im pretty sure is the same thing as a LOC. All I did was tap into the rear speaker,( that was the easiest one to get to ) ground it, and send the rca's from the converter back to the amp. You don't have to take out the factory stereo. For the signal wire I just tapped into the fuse box and sent it to the amp instead of removing the stereo.

You should be able to get audio signal from the rear speakers but run an independant fused power cable straight from the car battery for the main power for the amp. Then you will need a trigger to turn on the amp also.

If you are really wanting a good clean amped system you can do a JL clean sweap and convert all your factory outputs to rca outputs to where you can run a 4ch amp and subs with the factory radio but have the performance of an aftermarket radio

Back