Nav problems?

FlyMS6

:
Whitewater Pearl MS6
My factory nav seems to not be functioning properly and I would like to hear from anyone who has had similar problems, or had their unit repaired by the dealership.

While I can enter an address for the system to find, I am not able to come up with a list of restaurants or banks, etc. According to the manual, I can enter a city, and the category, and it should create a list for me to scroll through and choose the destination. I am getting zero possibilities and the "list" button does not become active at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

FlyMS6 said:
My factory nav seems to not be functioning properly and I would like to hear from anyone who has had similar problems, or had their unit repaired by the dealership.

While I can enter an address for the system to find, I am not able to come up with a list of restaurants or banks, etc. According to the manual, I can enter a city, and the category, and it should create a list for me to scroll through and choose the destination. I am getting zero possibilities and the "list" button does not become active at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like you are searching for a POI. Make sure you have the POI's selected that you are looking for (ATM, food...etc). I think you are almost there, just read the manual a bit more.

-Mike

Finally figured it out

jetttstream said:
Sounds like you are searching for a POI. Make sure you have the POI's selected that you are looking for (ATM, food...etc). I think you are almost there, just read the manual a bit more.

-Mike

Yup, you are correct. I ws looking in the wrong place. If I go to the quick POI that displays the icons on the map, it will do a search and then list all the POIs that match. This is a really useful feature when you are traveling and looking for a place to eat or a hotel. It's nice that the system gives the phone number too, so you can call for rates, etc. while on the way. I have actually used nav systems quite a bit but this one is hard to get used to. I'm much happier with the system now.

Does everyone else nav. not let you search for an address or POI while the car is moving? I can only get to the stored desitnations will driving. This does not make sense to me. I understand they want people to pay attention to the road, but to have to stop everytime I want to look for a place to eat or for gas doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Tried playing with it again this weekend and can't get it to work while the car is moving. Anyone else have this problem?

yes its a safety feature... similiar to the agreement you are "supposed" to read everytime you start the car.

its so you are not driving @ 60 mph and typing in an address @ the same time...

in all honesty? Id rather you have to stop and put in an address rather than being able to type it as you drive. Safer roads for me to be on too :p!

B1GHAM said:
yes its a safety feature... similiar to the agreement you are "supposed" to read everytime you start the car.

its so you are not driving @ 60 mph and typing in an address @ the same time...

in all honesty? Id rather you have to stop and put in an address rather than being able to type it as you drive. Safer roads for me to be on too :p!

This sucks. It's suck a pain in the a**. Anyone know how to override this feature? You can use the nav while driving with the BMW why can't we?

Latest posts

Back