front grill

:
06 MS6/03.5 MSP
ebay they sell carbon fiber front grills for the mazda 6. they look nasty and they delete the front mazda emblem. they say they fit 03-06 mazda 6, but i just wanna know if it will in fact fit a mazdaspeed 6 thru anyones experience. basically is the mazda 6 and msp 6 grill the same lol.

They are different grills. The "Speed" hood has a raised portion to fit the inter cooler. My thinking would be this would leave a gap at the top of the grill.

yeah i figured that, plus i saw that the mazda emblem goes into the front bumper area. the grill i was looking at didn't have anything to accomodate that. oh well lol.

I'm confused, are you looking to get a grill w/o the Mazda emblem for the MS6? I believe someone made one already. It's the same as the OE grill except with the Flying M part taken out, so that it's just straight across.

AutoExe makes one like that. I'm thinking about getting it. The price is the only problem.

RevLimitLaunch said:
ebay they sell carbon fiber front grills for the mazda 6. they look nasty and they delete the front mazda emblem. they say they fit 03-06 mazda 6, but i just wanna know if it will in fact fit a mazdaspeed 6 thru anyones experience. basically is the mazda 6 and msp 6 grill the same lol.

Okay, just so I understand... nasty = sweet?

The grill that you are talking about will not look good do to the fact that the stock grill fits the stock bumper tight and has a groove at the bottom.

Mazdaspeed6-badge.jpg

Look just under the Mazda logo and that is recessed in the bumper a bit.

This pic shows the one I think you guys are talking about and you can see that there is no depression in the bumper.

fims6grille2s.jpg

This would lead me to believe that if you would like this grill the bumper must be fixed and painted.

Grill by itself.

fims6grille1s.jpg

edit Just found this.
gg03zmain8.jpg

It looks like this grill is the full replacement for the stock just add paint.

Last edited:
suckawillis said:
Wow that grill is ugly in my opinion, but ooh that front lip is sweeet.

Can we get a list of grills that are available NOW going?

I would love to have a carbon one and the lip, but won't pay $1300 for them... $400 for a grill?! NO WAY.

I would like to find one that is already painted or carbon for about $100... it has to be possible since there are tons on EBAY for the regular 6 for $40 and up.

Back