New wheels on my speed

ssinstaller

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
235/40/18 kumho extsa ASX's on 18x8 OZ ultralegerra +48 offset.

Hopefully RPM gets their springs out sometime soon so I can get that fendergap under control.
P1010241.jpg

P1010242.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Anything's an improvement over the stocks. It definitely needs a drop and some tints. (and don't forget to chop that antenna)

JJxUSAF said:
I don't like it. The black rims on a black car make the car look dirty IMHO.

The car is VERY dirty in that pic. It does look much better when it's clean and the tires aren't mud brown. The CF hood and trunk and the black wheels just go well togeather IMHO. I think it'll really set everything off when I get it lowered about and inch. Hopefully after tax season I'll add some more CF to the car and it'll look even better.

CHICO2003 said:
Anything's an improvement over the stocks. It definitely needs a drop and some tints. (and don't forget to chop that antenna)

Yep, I hated the stock wheels. I'll be dropping it as soon as RPM releases thier springs(I'm actually going to test the springs for them). I've already got 35% tint, I'd go darker, but it won't pass inspection here. I'd love to ditch the antenna, but reception around here sucks, I can't pick up anything with a stubby.

fmmac1 said:
So the 235s aren't rubbing?

BTW: Looks great!

The guy at tire rack was completely sure that they would rub, so I attempted to roll the fenders myself, and managed to crack the damn paint on the passanger side fender(bang) (bang) . I payed a local shop $100 to finish it, and roll the other fender so I wouldn't screw anything else up. The car goes to the bodyshop next week to get the paint fixed(bang) (bang) .

No, they don't rub at all. I doubt they would rub even without the fender roll.

ssinstaller said:
The car is VERY dirty in that pic. It does look much better when it's clean and the tires aren't mud brown. The CF hood and trunk and the black wheels just go well togeather IMHO. I think it'll really set everything off when I get it lowered about and inch. Hopefully after tax season I'll add some more CF to the car and it'll look even better.

Yep, I hated the stock wheels. I'll be dropping it as soon as RPM releases thier springs(I'm actually going to test the springs for them). I've already got 35% tint, I'd go darker, but it won't pass inspection here. I'd love to ditch the antenna, but reception around here sucks, I can't pick up anything with a stubby.

I'm surprised to hear that... I always thought stubs were just as good. Even still, with a car this slick, I say chop it off anyway. Antennas, to me, just ruin the look of a car. As strange as it might sound, the fact that the msp had an integrated rear window antenna was one of the things that put me over the fence. I think it cuts down on drag so it may save you about .000000001mpg or so. but seriously (or siriusly)... if you get sirius (or... xm) you wouldn't probably wouldn't even need an antenna.

Rawyzf said:
Those are really nice! How much did they set you back? I'd like to see those photoshoped onto the Whitewater pearl.

~$1850.00 including the tires, hub rings, and lugs. I hated the chrome lugs though so I have some black extended RAYS lugs on the way.

Those wheels look good. Kinda similar to the WedsSport SA-70 that tirerack offers for the speed6. It's an 18X8 inch wheel with a 50mm offset. Very sharp looking IMHO.

Back