Anyone have painted calipers?

salth2o

:
06 MS6
I have been looking at pics and noticed that no one seems to have painted the calipers on there car.

I now have a Liquid platinum MS6 and I was debating painted the calipers red...or black. Just curious if anyone else had done this and has any pics to help me decide.

Thanks

salth2o said:
I have been looking at pics and noticed that no one seems to have painted the calipers on there car.

I now have a Liquid platinum MS6 and I was debating painted the calipers red...or black. Just curious if anyone else had done this and has any pics to help me decide.

Thanks
we have almost the same rims.. want pics of a 3 with red calipers? (first)

Front passenger side.. HUGE calipers up front..
passengerfront01.jpg

tiiiiny calipers in back.
passengerrear01.jpg

Looks really great....I think I am going to go for it. If anyone has a MS6 with the calipers done I would love to see it also.

TIA

here you go my calipers are red. IMO it looks great because my car is red.

Attachments

• caliper.JPG
    caliper.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 424
Huh just came back from the auto parts store and saw that they have silver caliper paint......I wonder if anyone has pics of what silver may look like on a silver car????? I am so indecisive

WOW, that looks amazing Bigbaddad! How did you stenil on the mazda 6 stuff. I would love for mine to say mazdaspeed?

Yeah I know what you mean, which is why I am thinking maybe silver.... I wish I could see a set of silver though.

My friend told me to paint em silver. But well, they are already silver. I want my time spent to be noticable!

here is a pic without wheel and red caliper,technafit stainless steel brake lines and red mazdaspeed springs and below is a pic with my new wheels.

HPIM0747.jpg

HPIM0765.jpg

with a silver car and a silver rim I'd suggest the red...it breaks up the car a little, instead of blending everything together...not to mention the big reds on porsches look sick with the porsche dark silver...

Gandalf said:
Gotta say, thats the best caliper painting job I have ever seen. Any chance you could tell us how you managed that, maybe some hints? I take it you clear coated the whole caliper also? Would love to do similar to mine yet use black w/ white lettering.

i removed the caliper and took everything apart i then used a h.d engine degreaser and a wire brush and scrubed all the garb off i then painted with duplicolor caliper paint red (no clear coat),i then waited for them to dry 3 hours and then put them back on (not an easy job!)used about a can and a half of paint at about $8 a can and it took pretty much all weekend to do.

i've painted my caliper .. gold w/ black mags and black mica p5
i really like gold or bronze with black

Back