Rola Roof Rack Installed + a few pics

WetsuitxNinja

:
Mz3
So I didnt want to go the route of getting the stuff from the UK for the fixpoint, and I didnt want to go with the thule\yakima clamp ons... Ordered the Rola rack from australia. Screws into the rain gutter and looks almost OEM.

Enjoy.

Mudflaps010.jpg

Mudflaps011.jpg

Mudflaps013.jpg

i was going to go and look at roof racks yesterday but with all the xmas shopping going on i just stayed on my couch. i was thinking of yakama just because i can get it close by and it would match my bike rack. i havent looked at them yet so i dont know how they install (i did think yakima had a sliding rail that could be installed along both sides to hold the rack).
i am wondering why you decided to go with rola, are there any big benifits? i guess the thule or yakima dont install in the same way. i know i should check them out before i open my stupid mouth, but is is xmas eve and i'm not going to the mall today.
yours do look good though. congrats, i'm gona find them on the web now.

EDIT: s***. i knew i should have looked first "i did think yakima had a sliding rail that could be installed long both sides to hold the rack"- Wrong!

Last edited:
http://www.repco.com.au/

Thats who I went through to get it. Thanks for the compliments. I chose this rack just because its different. Looks like its more oem. I didnt care for having a big square or oval bar sitting on top of a clamp or fixpoint.

Also on the freeway, I have yet to hear any whistling or excess wind noise with thie rack + board carrier on.

ooh man that looks really good!
congratulations... i am a little pissed they didnt have this s*** when i bought mine.

i had to go with the Thule (there wasnt any other options back then) and although i dont mind, looking at yours definitely shows the difference.

ZoomVT said:
ooh man that looks really good!
congratulations... i am a little pissed they didnt have this s*** when i bought mine.

i had to go with the Thule (there wasnt any other options back then) and although i dont mind, looking at yours definitely shows the difference.

I still sometimes think bout yak\thule, just because I could have used the bars on any other car I had in the future, now its like a write off if\when i sell the car basically.

WetsuitxNinja said:
I still sometimes think bout yak\thule, just because I could have used the bars on any other car I had in the future, now its like a write off if\when i sell the car basically.

nice clean install, dude!

may i ask how much has this endeavor cost you? did you have to install new gutters with slots? thanks...

Looks very nice!

I, too, am interested in how much something like that costs (+installation).

Now that I have an MS3 my Delta Hunchrack no longer works thanks to the wing in the rear. >_<

I opted to drill holes in the stock rain gutters. I dont plan on taking the rack off unless im selling the car, and at that point, alittle electrical tape will mask it haha.

Total cost with the rack was just shy of 500 bucks. 480 I think. Thats with the snowboard carrier + the rola rack.

Hikaru if you are worried about the wing, ill send you mine, just gotta get it painted to match lol Im thinkin about getting the speed3 spoiler if I can find one for a decent price

The rola rack alone will run you 380 usd.

Hikaru9 said:
Looks very nice!

I, too, am interested in how much something like that costs (+installation).

Now that I have an MS3 my Delta Hunchrack no longer works thanks to the wing in the rear. >_<

I just bought a MS3 without factory roof rack. I take delivery tomorow. How did yours work out?

About your roof rack !

How is the wind noise with the racks?? Do you think you will need a wind deflector??
I have a 2008 M3 Hatchback, there is no place that I see to drill holes there...
Did you pick any particular spot? Did you do it yourself?
Thanks for the help
David- Nashville

Wind noise with the racks and boards is bearable. I dont even notice it anymore. Doesnt whistle or anything.

You have to take the black rails off and find the anchors that are under them. You then measure a few times, and drill a hole in the rails to match where the anchor points are so they are accessable. I did it myself.

I would borrow it, but gas is killer in it. Not to mention the not to fun to drive on mountain roads fact. Im about 100 miles from the closest resort.

I would borrow it, but gas is killer in it. Not to mention the not to fun to drive on mountain roads fact. Im about 100 miles from the closest resort.

ahhhhh. while cranking on it i bet you get as good gas milage as the truck. but once again that brings us back to the funn-o factor

Wind noise with the racks and boards is bearable. I dont even notice it anymore. Doesnt whistle or anything.

You have to take the black rails off and find the anchors that are under them. You then measure a few times, and drill a hole in the rails to match where the anchor points are so they are accessable. I did it myself.

How do you get the black rails off? I only looked real quick but I didn't really see anything?

Back