What do you guys think about these tires?

My Local Goodyear dealer told me that he could sell me a set of Cooper Zeon A/S tires for $130/tire. They are P225/45 R18s. I checked on the Cooper web site and they seem to be rated well for dry conditions, average for wet and pretty good for snow. I think it is a cheap route to fix my winter tire dilemma.

Also, I expressed my concern that they might not fit. He expressed his belief that there would be no problems and said if there was any problem he would put my old tires back on for free. What do you guys think of this plan?

Also, would I know immidiately if there was a problem with them not fitting? From looking around it seems that part of the problem may be when the car is loaded in the rear, which is very seldom for me.

Any thoughts would be appriciated. If I get them I will be sure to let you guys know of any fit issues.

Gamper,
Might not answer all your concerns but I just mounted a set of Cooper MasterCraft snow tires on a set of used 17" Kansei (?) wheels. The tires are 215 50 17's on 7x17" wheels. I had a set of Dunlops Graspics on my previous WRX and was concerned the much cheaper Coopers would be lousy given their price and non name brand.
I've put about 1500 dry and wet miles on them so far and have been very happy with them. they are much quieter than the Dunlops and seem to grip at least as well with very little squirm. We have had no snow yet so this will be the last test of their performance but if they do even ok in snow (I think they will be fine) I'll be very happy with the purchase.
I like having a seperate set of snow tires/wheels and was lucky to have a local dealer that had an unblemsihed set of 17's that actually cleared the brakes and mounted up fine. At $50/wheel and $120/tire I got out for just over $700 mounted balanced and installed. I'm very happy so far.
Good luck

Great price, should be a decent tire. They weigh 27lbs. Anchors, but hey, they're for snow. We sell a lot of Coopers for SUV's and I've had no complaints, should be a decent tire for what you're looking at.

Back