H&R Springs Installed (Finally)

antlind

:
2006 Mazda5 - GT
Here're a couple pics of the '5' after I got the H&R springs installed....Not the best pics; will try for better images sometime soon.
The ride is very much improved, especially the cornering. No regrets on my part.
Anthony

Attachments

• Lowered5_1.jpg
    Lowered5_1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 469
  • Lowered5_2.jpg
    Lowered5_2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 372
Vendor/Price?

Nice pics. Any surprises during the install? Or a pretty basic spring swap? 3 bolts up top/2 down below? Did you take any pics during install? I'd also like to get your impressions after driving it for a couple weeks.

Wow, that drop looks juuuuuust right :)

Yeah, sunnier pics would help, but considering the shortest day of the year is 72 hours away....... ;)

dommo_g said:
Vendor/Price?

Nice pics. Any surprises during the install? Or a pretty basic spring swap? 3 bolts up top/2 down below? Did you take any pics during install? I'd also like to get your impressions after driving it for a couple weeks.

Looks nice--

dommo_g, I just started carrying the H&R line, but he didn't get his from me.
Ignore my price because I am an idiot.

Last edited:
H&R Springs

dommo_g said:
Vendor/Price?

I got these springs through an autotuner shop here in Calgary, AB.
They cost me $375CAD and being mechanically challenged I paid them $200 for the installation. Took them 3 hrs to get them installed and I didn't get an opportunity to get any shots during the installation.
I've had them installed for 3 weeks now and the ride is very carlike....I guess that's the best way to describe it.....Reminds me of my lowered 1998 Protege that had a set of B&G springs installed...Nice and crisp....My wife hates the ride but my 17yr old son thinks its waayyy cool.......So it must be a 'guy thing'...Hope that helps.

Protephile said:
Looks nice--

dommo_g, I just started carrying the H&R line, but he didn't get his from me.
The H&Rs are $199 plus shipping.
Cool, thanks. How much shipped to 80022? And do you have spring rate/drop amount on these? Do you by chance have access to any other suspension components for the 5?

dommo_g said:
Cool, thanks. How much shipped to 80022? And do you have spring rate/drop amount on these? Do you by chance have access to any other suspension components for the 5?

H&R is very tight w/it's spring rate specs, but the drop should be somewhere around 1.3"F/1.2"R, perhaps just a bit more for a "5".
I have a set waiting to go in my 3 sometime soon.

Zoom5Zoom said:
How does it feel to have the coolest snow plow in calgary....(poke)
Its sad how true this is I already scraped a little spot on the bottom of my front bumper exiting a parking lot with about a 150* exit. My fault though, I assumed Id make it so I didnt go slow enough

Just be careful :)

Snow Plow

Zoom5Zoom said:
That looks great.....

How does it feel to have the coolest snow plow in calgary....(poke)

Funny....My wife made a similar remark, so she's now delegated to driving the MPV and stays away from the '5'.
Actually, it isn't that low and we don't get that much snow in Calgary when compared to you folks out East.
I have the front lip to install, after that goes on it will be really low.....Will post some additional pics after I get the lip in place.
Anthony

dommo_g said:

You have a pm

OK, I have to aplogize for being a complete moron. Even after looking at the pics I still had P5 in my brain. Why? 'Cuz nobody ever asks me about stuff for the 5!
Sorry all, I will get the corrected price.
Anyone I quoted for shipping though, well, at least that much will be the same.

Protephile said:
OK, I have to aplogize for being a complete moron. Even after looking at the pics I still had P5 in my brain. Why? 'Cuz nobody ever asks me about stuff for the 5!

pm

Protephile said:
'Should be the same set as is used the 3, right?

bbrich57 said:
'Should be the same set as is used the 3, right?

Well, I suppose technically you could use the same spring but I just made sure:

The Sport Springs for the 5 are different due to the additional weight. The 5 spring is tuned for a 1.4/1.3 drop.

My price for the H&R Sport Spring for the 5 is $240.00 plus shipping. Those guys that I quoted shipping for earlier, that will not change.

Hmmm. 1.4 vs 1.3 and 1.3 vs 1.2. 1/10" difference all around. Hmmm? Is it just me or does this sound suspiciously like exactly the same spring set before the slightly additional weight of the 5 body is added to them?
Add to that, H&R is not exactly the most forthcoming company with specs, especially spring rate specs.....?

bbrich57 said:
Hmmm. 1.4 vs 1.3 and 1.3 vs 1.2. 1/10" difference all around. Hmmm? Is it just me or does this sound suspiciously like exactly the same spring set before the slightly additional weight of the 5 body is added to them?
Add to that, H&R is not exactly the most forthcoming company with specs, especially spring rate specs.....?
Good observation.

Nice ! VERY tempting but the wife said no more lowering after I lowered our former Odyssey.(pissed)

H&R springs

Hi, I have H&Rs in my VW. I just bought a 2007 Grand Touring and am wondering if you used the stock struts and shocks? Thanks.

Back