Will an 18x8 rim fit the wheel well?

lucas8

:
Black 06 mazda5 Touring
Thinking about getting a set of 18" MOTEGI DP10 GLOSS BLACK WHEELS. They're only 18 lbs each and have a 2" lip that would look killer on my tinted brilliant black 5. They have a +40 offset, and buywheelstoday.com says they will fit a Mazda3 with no issues. Does anyone know if there is enough space for 8" wide rims, or will there be rubbing?
18 in MOTEGI DP10 GLOSS BLACK RACING RIMS.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Saint. So what would the offset need to be on an 18x8? Or is an 8" rim too wide period?
I wish someone would put together a range of offsets (highest through lowest) of aftermarket wheel and tire sizes that would work for the Mazda5. Anybody care to be that hero? I think info like that should be a sticky at the top of this forum for the number of times I have seen questions/concerns on this topic...

The RX8s are 8 +50 and they seem to stick out just a lil bit up front, so I'm guessing w/an 8" wheel you'd be looking at a +50 or higher. I had a bunch of pics w/different wheels and offsets a while ago, I'll see if I can find it again and post it up here.

you could make those +40s work, you's just need to roll & pull the fenders and probably get a little stretch & some camber goin on.
naughty.gif

42240003.jpg

Flamesuit: ON

Latest posts

Back