my new winter rims + tires :)

changsta

hey guys, i know everyone's been posting and asking about good winter tires etc. so i thought i'd show you guys which ones i got :)

i bought the nokian snowtechs for $146cdn each, installed, which i think is a steal, since they're 17inchers.

i also got 4 17' mazda3 rims for $450 bucks!

if anyone is in toronto and wants to know where i got the tires, i'd be happy to help you

here's what she's lookin like:

Attachments

• 2006_11260106 (2).JPG
    2006_11260106 (2).JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 2006_11260107 (2).JPG
    2006_11260107 (2).JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 237
snow tires

changsta said:
hey guys, i know everyone's been posting and asking about good winter tires etc. so i thought i'd show you guys which ones i got :)

i bought the nokian snowtechs for $146cdn each, installed, which i think is a steal, since they're 17inchers.

i also got 4 17' mazda3 rims for $450 bucks!

if anyone is in toronto and wants to know where i got the tires, i'd be happy to help you

here's what she's lookin like:

Nice looking tires, especially with the mazda wheels.
Two questions.

The snow tires dont appear to be oem sized tires, what size are they?

Also, since you are concerned about winter traction, and was buying mazda rims and you are in canada, how come you didnt go for a sixteen inch tire, to maximize traction?

Much regards and stay safe

flatfoot said:
Nice looking tires, especially with the mazda wheels.
Two questions.

The snow tires dont appear to be oem sized tires, what size are they?

Also, since you are concerned about winter traction, and was buying mazda rims and you are in canada, how come you didnt go for a sixteen inch tire, to maximize traction?

Much regards and stay safe

well the tires actually are the same size as the 17" wheels on the mazda5. the mazda3 GT and the mazda5 GT have the same size tire in canada, so i was able to swap both without any need to change size.

the reason i decided to go with 17" was because we don't get too much snow in toronto, and when we do, it is cleared promptly, so i wanted to maintain the handling of the 17" tire while also having the traction of a winter tire. thats why i got the 17" :)

You must live in Rosedale or something, cause Snow removal in Toronto is aweful, has been for years! Take the City days after a snowfall to get anything other than the main arteries cleared! I live just outside of Toronto and the snow removal service is significantly better. The side streets where I am are usually plowed within 24 hrs of a snow fall. Never seen that happen in Toronto! Some times the street my parents live on takes upto a week before a plow comes around! That's part of the reason I purchased Pirelli's most agressive passenger car winter tire!!!

If you live int Toronto, deep agreesive snow tires are a MUST, just to get out onto the main roads, then they are a bit overkill! A bit of a problem!

was98strat said:
You must live in Rosedale or something, cause Snow removal in Toronto is aweful, has been for years! Take the City days after a snowfall to get anything other than the main arteries cleared! I live just outside of Toronto and the snow removal service is significantly better. The side streets where I am are usually plowed within 24 hrs of a snow fall. Never seen that happen in Toronto! Some times the street my parents live on takes upto a week before a plow comes around! That's part of the reason I purchased Pirelli's most agressive passenger car winter tire!!!

If you live int Toronto, deep agreesive snow tires are a MUST, just to get out onto the main roads, then they are a bit overkill! A bit of a problem!

hahah ya, i'm lucky! i live right by the 401, so i dont really have any problems with snow removal! and incidentally, i also work right by the 401.... so ya, thats why 17" isnt a big deal for me.

Back