brake pinging?

leebee

:
04 MAZDA 6 3.0 WAGON
04 m6 wagon.(uhm) My brakes make a mecanical "tink" or "ping" the first time I use them after the cars been sitting for a while. For example, in the morning, after the car has sat all night, Going to work I drive to the first stop sign(or my first use of the brakes) and the brakes "tink" once. The brakes themselves work fine. anyone had this before?

-----------SORRY-- I accidentally submited this twice.

Last edited:
leebee said:
04 m6 wagon.(uhm) My brakes make a mecanical "tink" or "ping" the first time I use them after the cars been sitting for a while. For example, in the morning, after the car has sat all night, Going to work I drive to the first stop sign(or my first use of the brakes) and the brakes "tink" once. The brakes themselves work fine. anyone had this before?

-----------SORRY-- I accidentally submited this twice.

Could be some minor rusting/corrosion on the brakes due to overnight humidity?

That first time you apply your brakes you are removing that layer and it might sound different.

Just like if you wash you car and let it sit for a hour. Your rotors will be totally rusty.

Afroman said:
Could be some minor rusting/corrosion on the brakes due to overnight humidity?

That first time you apply your brakes you are removing that layer and it might sound different.

Just like if you wash you car and let it sit for a hour. Your rotors will be totally rusty.

I'm getting it checked this week. thanks.:)

Back