Power windows malfuctioning again........

Klip

Contributor
:
2006 MS6 Sport
The power window controls at drivers seat were not working, from the drivers seat I could NOT lower or raise any windows except the drivers window. The controls at each window worked fine, just could NOT control them from the drivers seat. Service guy said it was a programming error, to bring it in and they would fix it in 5 minutes. I did, problem solved...................
Until I dis-connected the battery for installing a new battery tray.....Now it's back to the way it was before. Did the service guys simply forget to 'save' the programming changes they made or am I gonna have this problem everytime the battery is dis-connected?

PS, yes I read the post about some fix for this you could do at home, did'nt work....

as far as I know yes, everytime you disconnect the battery it resets it. Which fix did you try? I know i had problems with mine and went to every window and put it down and up by the switch at the door. After that my driver's window switches worked.

Thanks Freekwonder, tried that just now but it didn't fix the problem. So, everytime I want to clean the battery or around it this is gonna happen? Never heard of that one before, seems like there should be something MAZDA could do to permanently fix this............(glare)

OK real fix:

Goto every door (passenger front, drivers rear, passenger rear).
Put the windows all the way down with that switch.
Put the windows all the way up and continue to hold the switch in that position until 2 clicks can be heard. If you dont hear the two clicks, you didnt do it right and it will not work. If this is the case retry the steps above.

After that, the specific window you just did it on should work from the drivers controls. This will have to be done everytime the battery dies or has been disconnected.

Sean

B1GHAM said:
OK real fix:

Goto every door (passenger front, drivers rear, passenger rear).
Put the windows all the way down with that switch.
Put the windows all the way up and continue to hold the switch in that position until 2 clicks can be heard. If you dont hear the two clicks, you didnt do it right and it will not work. If this is the case retry the steps above.

After that, the specific window you just did it on should work from the drivers controls. This will have to be done everytime the battery dies or has been disconnected.

Sean

It also says all of that in your owners manual

B1GHAM is correct, thank you sir.............just saved me a 60 mile round trip to the dealer.(first)

Owners manual???..................................wassat? lol I must have missed that part...(shocked)

I am going to try this when I get home because mine are doing the same thing, except my driverside will roll up and down the passenger and driverside windows but not the back. But yall say it worked for you guys so thanks.

Back