Get to HU for ipod adaptor connection

Skywlkr

:
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Has anyone installed the ipod adaptor on their own? I have only found people who had the dealer do it. I am curious how much work it is to get to the back of the stereo and if the cable is long enough to run to the center arm rest instead of the glove box like it says online. Thanks

Skywlkr said:
Has anyone installed the ipod adaptor on their own? I have only found people who had the dealer do it. I am curious how much work it is to get to the back of the stereo and if the cable is long enough to run to the center arm rest instead of the glove box like it says online. Thanks

Skywlkr,

I believe the CX-7 and the 6 (and other new Mazda's) use the same HU's, that being the case you should go here.

Don't miss the $20 discount!

I installed the Audiolink iPod adapter myself and removing everything is difficult the first time you do it, like anything. Still, it's not that hard. The Audiolink's cable is long enough to reach the center arm rest, and that's where I ran mine to. My actual adapter sits right underneath the cupholders and the cable that connects to the iPod can reach comfortable out of the armrest. I like this position much better than putting it in the glovebox, now anyone in the car can control the iPod.

Back