Satellite radio

J

jjouet

Bought my MSP6 at Carmax and it came w/o the satellite radio option. I NEED my sat radio but am afraid that a dealership will reflash my ecu (from the "lack of power" issue) if I bring it in for the satellite radio option. Can BestBuy/Circuit City/etc. install a satellite receiver that will work with the stock unit so that I can avoid working with the dealerships? Thoughts?
THanks,
Jason

I'm a little wary of disassembling the radio/dashboard... I also don't know how they mount the antenna.

honestly, if you ever plan on taking into the dealership, they are going to eventually reflash it. so you might as well just get it done now... I was in at the dealership on friday and they told me they had to reflash it, didn't really want them to, but either way. Got back in the car and I honestly think it's better after the reflash. Pulls harder on the top end and I don't feel any loss of power from the flash that was on there. Just my .02.

Thanks. That's encouraging. YOu're the first though that I have read that had ANYTHING positive to say about the reflash...

I hear you. I was more than a little nervous when the service advisor came out to tell me that he is reflashing it. Tried telling him not too, but said he had to. So I figured oh well, gonna happen either way, let's see if all the rumors are true.

I did read either on this board or another that there were a couple different versions of the re-flash and the newer ones were supposedly better. Not sure how true this is, but I do know that there were a bunch of different flashes for the rx-8, so it wouldn't be too far off if there were multiple ones for the msp6.

Either way, the flash that's on my car feels pretty similar to how my car performed previously.

just buy the reciever from the dealership they just started selling it again. and mount the antena on the trunk easiest way should just plug in no problems. costs 300 bucks tho.

jjouet said:
Bought my MSP6 at Carmax and it came w/o the satellite radio option. I NEED my sat radio but am afraid that a dealership will reflash my ecu (from the "lack of power" issue) if I bring it in for the satellite radio option. Can BestBuy/Circuit City/etc. install a satellite receiver that will work with the stock unit so that I can avoid working with the dealerships? Thoughts?
THanks,
Jason

Back