Headlight coverage on my MS6

bortoldr

Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a little while now, but wanted to say hello to everyone on the boards!!!

Have any of you experienced a weird coverage with your standard headlights? I've noticed that my driver's side headlight doesn't seem to provide full coverage as there appears to be a cut out/dark spot at the top of the left side of the coverage. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. He said that he tried another MS6 and got the same coverage.

Anyone else out there notice this?

Thanks and keep on rollin!

Darryl

probably noticing it because they are HIDs....

HIDs have a sharper cutoff point on them and they are also angled slightly to the right so that you dont blind oncoming traffic. The pattern (without seeing it) from your description sounds 100% normal.

If you want try adjusting the headlights manually with the control under the left vent. you can adjust the height to give you a little better coverage, but you might blind oncoming traffic.

HIDS = super bright and blinding. Thats why the lights are designed in such a way.

Sean

Sean, you rock!

You described my situation exactly. This is my first car with HIDs so pardon the inexperience in that department. Avoiding the blinding of oncoming traffic was my initial guess, but I wasn't sure. Glad to hear I'm not losing it or anything!

I may play around with the manual control per your suggestion, but we'll see.

Thanks again!

The cutoff is different on the left side to keep you from blinding oncomming traffic, it's normal.

The Speed6 also has light arresters inside the fixture itself. If you want to pull the back of the light off and remove it I will be doing this sometime this winter and will do a write up on it. It is a small peace of metal that is inside the light to make it glair less but it will help with the coverage problem that you are having and WILL NOT AFFECT OTHER DRIVERS.

Back