20"

Welcome (hi)

(bump) for someone who might know and I'm subbin to this thread...I'd like to see a VIP style 5! (thumb)

If you use a 225/30R20, sure. That'll give you a tire with the same radius as the stock 17. Talk about a rubber band of a tire. 2.7 inch sidewall. Not too practical, but I'm sure a good tire/wheel guy could do it. It might take some experimentation with wheel offset/spacing to get that 225 in there.

Actually, the 20 would be .2 inch more diameter.

By the way, for that size tire, it'll be over a grand just for tires alone. Using a Hankook Ventus as an example.

yah im looking to be one of the first peeps to go VIP once i get my 5. I currently have an xb which i VIP'd but lately its been played out........ so im looking to the 5. Looking at getting some Work rims but can't figure out what size rim to get 20's or 19's, and what offset to get.....

mazda619 said:
yah im looking to be one of the first peeps to go VIP once i get my 5. I currently have an xb which i VIP'd but lately its been played out........ so im looking to the 5. Looking at getting some Work rims but can't figure out what size rim to get 20's or 19's, and what offset to get.....

Awesome (thumb)...Keep us updated on your VIP project! You can start by posting pics of the rims you're thinking of getting...maybe someone can photochop them on a 5!

jandree22 said:
Educate and idiot... what does VIP mean referring to wheels?
It's a style in Japan for fixing up rides. A little bit of "class", a little bit of "bling". Mostly done on higher-end Toyotas, Nissans,etc. in Japan.Wood grain interior, sometimes curtains, are also the norm. It's been around for decades.
Look it up. :)

Well, I looked up "VIP style cars" in google and I got the jackpot. These are some sexy cars. And like you said, these two are Lexus and Infinity. VIP style is good :)
CRW_6942.jpg

store%5C041F015903EF1F43202210A308EF%5C344%5CDSC00079.jpg

lol...if you wanna get 'technical' the is more along the EXE/VIP lines and the Skyline/G35 is not VIP at all.

Disclaimer: The following pictures may be offensive to some so please keep flaming to a minimum.

Sorry getting a lil off topic :)

the_saint said:
Not everybody is concerned with race car handling...some people just like to look good.

Hey Saint thanks for posting up those VIP rides....... that should give them a taste of what VIP style is all about in japan.... its not big here in the US just yet but I here it will be soon like drifting is now.....

Yeah...I'm thinking there has to be some sort of adjustable suspension there. Airbags or something.

mazda619 said:
Hey Saint thanks for posting up those VIP rides....... that should give them a taste of what VIP style is all about in japan.... its not big here in the US just yet but I here it will be soon like drifting is now.....
I don't know if I'm ready for americanized VIP style (ughdance)

dommo_g said:
Yeah...I'm thinking there has to be some sort of adjustable suspension there. Airbags or something.

Yep, they're on air.

Last edited:

Imagine a VIP'd dodge caravan... sweet...(shocked)

hey saint i see you're still around! how's the ride?

geezerz99 said:

Imagine a VIP'd dodge caravan... sweet...(shocked)

hey saint i see you're still around! how's the ride?
Yeah, I'm still around. Rides ok, still stock though...being broke sucks.

Imagine no more! not quite VIP, but you get the idea.

How 'bout and Astro/Safari?

Back