BBS RGRs on MS6

mrmister

:
06 Whitewater Pearl MS6 GT
I was thinking about getting new rims for my MS6 before winter, so at the same time I could get winter tires. The rims I was looking at are the BBS RGRs in Diamond Black. They look amazing, but are expensive as hell.

I've never learned a lot about wheels and tires, so I was wondering what the biggest rim I could get was, without any chance of rubbing at all. I wanted to stay with the 18s, but was wondering if it was possible to go a little wider than stock, without worrying about rubbing.

Also, if I were to get these new rims, would I have to adjust the suspension at all to make up for the wider rims.

Thanks for your help.

the widest you want to go are 18x8 with a +50mm offset. now i know that dg mjotorsports used a volk racing wheel that is 19x8 with a 49mm offset (225/35-19 pirelli tyres) and it fit. you can also go with 18x7.5 with an offset between 45mm and 50mm. (225/45-18) you can also use your stock tyres with these wheels.
and no, you don't need to adjust the suspension, but you'll have a softer feel at cornering.

Thanks again for your help, it's really helping me out.

According to this website, the wheel I'm looking at doesn't come in a 18 x 8 with a 50 mm offset. So, I'm guessing the next best choice would be a 18 x 7.5 with a 45 mm offset. Or should I go with the 50 mm offset? Which would look the best on the car?

If you search the forum for this topic you will find some additional info that is also very helpful.

R

mrmister said:
Thanks again for your help, it's really helping me out.

According to this website, the wheel I'm looking at doesn't come in a 18 x 8 with a 50 mm offset. So, I'm guessing the next best choice would be a 18 x 7.5 with a 45 mm offset. Or should I go with the 50 mm offset? Which would look the best on the car?

imo 45 will prob look better.

By looking better, do you mean they won't stick out as far from the side of the car?

a 45mm will stick out further than the 55mm wheel. the 45 will look better because it will fill out the wheel well better then the 55mm which will sit further back. imo, it looks retardeed when people get nice big rims and the fenders overhang a lot.

45 is usually a perfect fit, but if you order make sure they ,of course, try them on your car before mounting tires on them...once mounted their yours.

I have some mesh style Work wheels, they are 19in 7.5 +48mm offset. They fit good. tire size is 225 35 19.
small4.jpg

Latest posts

Back