Rustproofing for the 5

Partsguy

:
Mazda 5
Just wondering if anyone has applied Krown Rust Proofing.

Did they have to drill new holes or does the 5 have them already in place. I want to get this done before the first snow fall.

Partsguy

Krown will need to drill holes - they're not large holes and Krown will put rubber plugs over them. In subsequent years, they remove the plugs for the spray and replaced with new plugs.

If you absolutely insist on no drilling then Krown can still do it. Obviously some areas will not be sprayed, and Krown's typical practice in this scenario is they'll spray but not provide the warranty.

They are pretty good, I got my cars Krowned locally the last 8 years and no probs...
They did drill the holes and used plugs ( the holes never rusted ) .
Krown = recommended.

Medicman said:
They are pretty good, I got my cars Krowned locally the last 8 years and no probs...
They did drill the holes and used plugs ( the holes never rusted ) .
Krown = recommended.
I agree Krown is good. Ask them to remove the rear tail lights as they will gain access to a huge portion of the rear quarters without drilling. They can actually pass their spray wand a good 2 feet into the inside of the rear quarter. Be advised that you will see a decrease in your brake performance until the stuff finally stops dripping. Would recommend you park your car on the road and save your driveway until the drips stop.

Krown

The folks at Krown know their stuff. I used them for the 13 years I lived in Mississauga, Ontario. At one time they had a free touch up mid-year but I believe that has been discontinued now.
They've got templates that tell them where to drill on every car so that they don't impact harnesses and other items in the door. They also plug all of the holes with neat plugs that don't stand out.
They also remove rear lights to fully coat the inner panels.
The only problem is the dripping for a few days after, and the smoke that comes off the exhaust system immediately after you drive away.
Apart from that, it's probably the best option around for the $$.
Too bad they don't have Krown outlets here in Calgary.

Ryoga28 said:
Sounds like something I've been looking for. too bad they don't have one in NY

Try Ziebart. Although I'm not sure how far away you are, there is one in Riverdale, NJ.

I've had all my vehicles rust-proofed by Ziebart in the past and have enjoyed their work.

Back