Auto-EXE Front sway bar installed

jdub260

:
2007 MAZDASPEED6 Sport
OK so there aren't gonna be any pics for this because of where I got it installed. I have a buddy that works for Roush and they won't allow cameras in the shop where the hoist is. But back to the main point for this thread. My buddy is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to anything with cars. He has many ASE certs. and has been working on cars his whole life and it took him 5 hours to install my front sway bar!!!! He said that he had to drop the front subframe and disconect the steering rack to get the old one out and the new one in. I'm not an expert but this sounds like a lot of work to me, so I figured that I would post this as a warning to others who might want to change their sway bars. Be prepared for a lot of work. He also said that it looks like he will have to drop the rear sub-frame to get the rear out too but he's not sure yet.

(FYI by contrast the same guy replaced the front and rear sway bars on an '06 STI and it took him between 2 and 3 hours total.)

Yea, someone else said they had to drop the subframe for the front install. The rear should be fine though......er, u have a 6.....nm :)

CitizenPro said:
Yea, someone else said they had to drop the subframe for the front install. The rear should be fine though......er, u have a 6.....nm :)
Did you install the rear yet?

did it make any difference? I am looking into buying a smaller front sway bar, and I dont know where to get it. Any suggestions?

Back