speaker replacement

flatfoot

the mazda 5 sound system I judge as nothing more then basic. I really dont want to mess with the actual unit per se, but was wondering if I change out the existing six speakers with a much better aftermarket speaker, would I hear a substantial enough sound difference to make it cost and time productive?

Thanks and stay safe

You'd hear a difference, but not in the bass department. I wouldn't replace the tweets as that would hardly be noticeable and forget the rears as they are hard to get to and speculated that Mazda handicaps the rear channels. So, get some nice speakers that can handle 50hz or so and replace just the fronts.

THe difference will be noticeable, tho I'm not comfortable saying it would be substantial enough. I replaced mine with Polk Momos an added an amp and 8" sub while adding sound dampening material.

Kid Red said:
You'd hear a difference, but not in the bass department. I wouldn't replace the tweets as that would hardly be noticeable and forget the rears as they are hard to get to and speculated that Mazda handicaps the rear channels. So, get some nice speakers that can handle 50hz or so and replace just the fronts.

THe difference will be noticeable, tho I'm not comfortable saying it would be substantial enough. I replaced mine with Polk Momos an added an amp and 8" sub while adding sound dampening material.

Where did you end up placing the amp? I looking to do the same on my new 5. I have an amp from a another vehicle and it is for 5 channels. It is approximately 16 x 8 in deimensions.

I put it under the passenger seat. The driver seat has a few more cables, etc. You'll be limited by size, I think my Alpine f250 is 9"x12" by around 3" or so. Just barely fits. Alpine also has a very small, very sweet, very powerful amp line but it's $600.

Back