Check your touch up paint

zoomzoom mazda5

Contributor
:
mazda5 2006, Focus ST
Today i install door edge guards on my silver mazda5, i had to do a small touch up where the seams of the inside part of the doors that i had to remove before i could install the door edge guards. I notice that the touch paint that mazda sends is different from the one i got from the dealer so, the one from mazda is correct but the dealer paint is a different silver, so everyone who has a color code 22r (silver) should check before they use it. I call the dealer and always the answer is (dunno). So anyone who uses their touch paint (any color) check it before using! zoomzoom mazda5 (cheers) angelo

zoomzoom mazda5 said:
Today i install door edge guards on my silver mazda5, i had to do a small touch up where the seams of the inside part of the doors that i had to remove before i could install the door edge guards. I notice that the touch paint that mazda sends is different from the one i got from the dealer so, the one from mazda is correct but the dealer paint is a different silver, so everyone who has a color code 22r (silver) should check before they use it. I call the dealer and always the answer is (dunno). So anyone who uses their touch paint (any color) check it before using! zoomzoom mazda5 (cheers) angelo

my black touch up is fine (surprised?) i even use it to touch up my rims...

Good for you. Also love your front lip and eyelids on your mazda5, will post some pic's when i get a new camera.(cheers)

DurhamProPhoto said:
My carbon grey touch up paint is bang on also.

What number did you get? I used my touch up "Carbon Grey" and it looks black.

Matt

Matt,
Mine is a two sided pen. One is paint and the other
is clear coat. The number on mine is a little scuffed
but it looks like.

Carbon Grey
0000-P8-0160-23B

Did you shake it to mix it?

Cheers,
Robin

DurhamProPhoto said:
Matt,
Mine is a two sided pen. One is paint and the other
is clear coat. The number on mine is a little scuffed
but it looks like.
You got a 2 sided pen as your free touch up?
Not only was my free touch up paint WRONG, but it was the nail polish bottle type too.

I had scuffed my bumper and I used the touch up paint Mazda sent me. In the light it's dead on, but in the shade it's like 2-3 times lighter.

i got mine yesterday (22R)...the color looks slighty off but shouldnt it look different when wet? Anywho i got the nailpolish type and its way too watery. I tried applying a tiny bit but since its so watery its impossible to apply. Any thoughts? I kept shaking it to see if it would get a little thicker and easier to apply but no luck.

The numbers on top of the touchup paint bottles are R2 and 79. The 79 touchup paint work fine, the R2 did'nt match my mazda5 body color at all. It's maybe because of the change of the platinum silver color to the new silver color that mazda change. Who knows(dunno) zoomzoom

mines r2 and i agree with you. it doesnt look like platinum. Wierd thing is that when i ordered the paint they told me that it was platinum silver by the code. i dunno i quit

Take it back to the dealer and tell them that r2 color doesn't match and to replace it with color code 79 on the touchup bottle cap. Hope this helps, so far my 79 touchup bottle is touching up very well. zoomzoom (cheers) angelo

Back