fog lights on with parking lights

wachamacallit

:
2006 mazda5
does anyone know how to wire the fogs in with the parking lights to where u still have the option of turning them off or on with out the headlights? please help!!!
thanks in advance
tab:)

ok i got it done!! here are some pics of it!

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

wachamacallit said:
ok i got it done!! here are some pics of it!
C'mon! Don't hold out! How do I do it?! I don't want to have to go figure it out myself. :) If that'd be the case, it'll never get done.

monsta said:
C'mon! Don't hold out! How do I do it?! I don't want to have to go figure it out myself. :) If that'd be the case, it'll never get done.

it'll involve wiring changes just like what I did to the mazda 3 (find that how-to and you'll see it's not a simple thing... but don't follow it since the 5 is most likely different)

808mz5 said:
Is that a Speed6 next to the 5.... I'm jealous:)

yes it is a speed 6 next to the 5. Its my fiance's he loves it. and i honestly dont know how to do it the shop where i had it done sayd they rewired the fog light wire to the tail light relay instead of factory headlamp relay so when u turn on your parking lights the fog lights will come on but u still have full function of the switch and u can still turn them off and on.
it took him 5 mins to do so it must be simple. :)

they also did it to the 6 the wireing on the 6 is the same thing on the 5 also.

monsta said:

Wasnt too hard. He did my MS6 in 18 minutes and did the 5 in about 5 minutes. Very easy. I wish I would have done them myself If I knew they would have been that easy.

Basically take your foglight relay out and take the headlight wire off. Tape up the headlight wire so you can get to it for future use if you want to put it back to stock. He put my foglight wire up to the taillight relay. I'm sure that most know this already, but your foglights get the power from headlights and need the power from another source. And your foglight switch will still be fully functional.

Hope that helps. If any of you need more detail with pics. I'm sure that I can get to it this weekend. I just called my guy that did my MS6 and my ol ladies 5 (who started this thread), and he said he'll write it all out for me. Then I'll post. But for most of you electrical heads (which I'm not) shouldnt be a problem at all for you.

Please post up the info from the mechanic that did your relay wires...I'd love to try this out myself and see if I can make it work :D

I'd love to have my fogs on with just the parking lights!!!

DAN

Your pictures don't show anything different than what the car does unmodified. Can you have your fog lights on when the headlights are off, or when the brights are on? Pics?

dommo_g said:
Your pictures don't show anything different than what the car does unmodified. Can you have your fog lights on when the headlights are off, or when the brights are on? Pics?

Actually, yes it does show a difference. Since pics arent clear (where you can see the difference), I'll post some for pics of her vehicle.

Headlights HAVE to be on for you to turn foglights on/off (stock). Now she can have her foglights on (fully functional) with her parking lights. Doesnt come from factory like that. (headshake

7red7 said:
Please post up the info from the mechanic that did your relay wires...I'd love to try this out myself and see if I can make it work :D

I'd love to have my fogs on with just the parking lights!!!

DAN

I said that I was going to do this a while back when I first got the ol ladies 5 done. I totally forgot to post, and forgot what needs to be done. I'll shoot up there here in a few and get the intel for ya.

My bad. (outie)

mssixter said:
Actually, yes it does show a difference. Since pics arent clear (where you can see the difference), I'll post some for pics of her vehicle.

Headlights HAVE to be on for you to turn foglights on/off (stock). Now she can have her foglights on (fully functional) with her parking lights. Doesnt come from factory like that. (headshake
Am I missing something? I see 2 pictures. One has the foglights and headlights on together. One has only parking lights on. I don't see a picture with foglights on/headlights off.

mssixter said:
Wasnt too hard. He did my MS6 in 18 minutes and did the 5 in about 5 minutes. Very easy. I wish I would have done them myself If I knew they would have been that easy.

Basically take your foglight relay out and take the headlight wire off. Tape up the headlight wire so you can get to it for future use if you want to put it back to stock. He put my foglight wire up to the taillight relay. I'm sure that most know this already, but your foglights get the power from headlights and need the power from another source. And your foglight switch will still be fully functional.

Hope that helps. If any of you need more detail with pics. I'm sure that I can get to it this weekend. I just called my guy that did my MS6 and my ol ladies 5 (who started this thread), and he said he'll write it all out for me. Then I'll post. But for most of you electrical heads (which I'm not) shouldnt be a problem at all for you.

Any possibilty that you can post the info on wiring the foglights? Has anyone ever wired in after market foglights? I have seen many kits for much less?

dommo_g said:
Am I missing something? I see 2 pictures. One has the foglights and headlights on together. One has only parking lights on. I don't see a picture with foglights on/headlights off.

Picture 015.jpg
the headlights are off its just the glare from the flash. they do work wile the headlights are off with just the parkin lights on.

jandree22 said:
I was wondering if that's what happened... projectors will do that to ya every time.
yeah it kinda sux cus it dont look like the headlights are off but they realy are. i tryed all differnt ways to take the pic but they all look like the HL are still on (omg)

Back