Spoiler

zr27

Can anyone tell me if they know if a spolier can be added on to the 5? Just picked up a silver manual transmission 5 Sport and I did not want the optional side sills and spoiler package. My dealer rep thought it was not available as an add-on. Any thoughts?

check out Mazdastuff.com They have a spoiler on the second page of Mazda 5 parts

I've never seen a 5 without the side sills or rear spoiler. All version of the 5 in canada have the side sills. I would think the 5 would look odd without them.

perfecto said:
The GS in Canada has no spoiler. I think it looks kinda unfinished, but to each his own!

Tru that, I guess I was really referring about the side sills. GS 5's are pretty rare around my parts. The only one I've seen is Durhamprophoto's almost all the %'s I've seen on the road are GT's

was98strat said:
check out Mazdastuff.com They have a spoiler on the second page of Mazda 5 parts

I've never seen a 5 without the side sills or rear spoiler. All version of the 5 in canada have the side sills. I would think the 5 would look odd without them.

Thank you. Do you know of anyone who has installed this unit? Is the quality and fit similar to the original? The Mazda dealer told me that they did not sell an aftermarket unit to go on this vehicle. Like I had mentioned earlier, I was afraid of scraping the bottom of the sills so chose not to go with them. I do like the rear spoiler look though. The picture at that website displays a limited view. Any info on satisfied installers is appreciated.

OK Was98 pick on me! LOL. In retrospect
I wish I did get the GT with the spoiler. But I
had to get two cars this year (wife). So it got
kind of pricey. Without it the dust from country roads
collects on the whole back end of the car.
I will probably get a spoiler eventually but I need to get
a set of racks first before I worry about the spoiler.

Cheers,
Robin

Hey Was did you finish the speaker enclosures yet?

DurhamProPhoto said:

Cheers,
Robin

Sorry wasn't trying to pick on you, just commenting that almost all the 5's I've seen so far have been the GT. Speaker enclosure is done. If you want to drop by and have a look, just PM me.

Even with the spoiler, the back collects dust like I've never seen on a car before. I drove to Kincardine and back this weekend (3 hrs each way, going up highway 9) and the only part I could see out was the area swept by the rear wiper

Last edited:
DurhamProPhoto said:

Cheers,
Robin

Spoiler does not decrease any dirt on back of the car.....proven fact it is just cosmetic feature..wish I had one

Zoom5Zoom said:
Spoiler does not decrease any dirt on back of the car.....proven fact it is just cosmetic feature..wish I had one

i can attest to that. I have the spoiler on my Touring and that entire back end of the car collects a ridiculous amount of dust. But i dust her everyday so it's not too big a deal

Last edited:
i had a spoiler on my old P5 and man, did that car ever get dirty in the back. The Mazda5 is the same way.

you'll notice Nissan Pathfinders where the spoiler actually deflects air onto the back windshield. This would have been ideal to keep the back clean as air is constantly flowing over the back. With our spoilers, the air is allowed to swirl behind the car. When the car is moving quickly, it creates a vacuum and air and dirt is literally smacked back onto the back of the car.

It's all aesthetics that we pay for by having a dirty car.

Back