CPE Turbo Upgrade

Has anyone used an aftermarket engine management system or injectors on a MZR equipped car yet?

Dinos Speed6 said:
Hah count me out if it would be that much, its not a kit or anything it looks to be just that turbo.
it was just a joke because of the 500+ for A downpipe...lol material 150 time 2.5hrs avg. shop rate 70.00= 175+150=325 you see any mark up there? shop rates are to make you money so you cant add on more because the employes wages are figured by shop rate they say supply and demand i say rip off...

took me longer to unbolt the heatshield off than it did to make the 3" turbo back into dual 2.5 but hey thats just me...lol

ms64meplease said:
it was just a joke because of the 500+ for A downpipe...lol material 150 time 2.5hrs avg. shop rate 70.00= 175+150=325 you see any mark up there? shop rates are to make you money so you cant add on more because the employes wages are figured by shop rate they say supply and demand i say rip off...

took me longer to unbolt the heatshield off than it did to make the 3" turbo back into dual 2.5 but hey thats just me...lol

Yea just a tad of markup, yea I dont think i could bring myself to spend 600bux for a DP, not taking anything away from cp-e but thats a little outta my range

low_psi said:
Has anyone used an aftermarket engine management system or injectors on a MZR equipped car yet?

Not that I have heard of, then again I havent seen anything on the market in form of injectors or and ems for our cars.

next summer im puttin on a t4 and runnin a ems or will try to run a ems...lol depending on how hard it is to untangle the stock harness. i did the paint, wheels, strut bar in front already... rear by fri. and lowered this weekend also so i will be busy afterthat manifold, little more boost checking the egt and intake temps, i should be good for winter

ms64meplease said:

I.

Last edited:
what did you have done to start with? the downpipe makes a huge difference you will have power pulling to redline instead of falling on its face at 5k i made it boost to 17psi with a mbc didnt feel like much of a difference i think because of intake temps are way high so i put it back to stock. this is where the t4 or even a 60-1 will come in play

btw good job on the times

ms64meplease said:
what did you have done to start with? the downpipe makes a huge difference you will have power pulling to redline instead of falling on its face at 5k i made it boost to 17psi with a mbc didnt feel like much of a difference i think because of intake temps are way high so i put it back to stock. this is where the t4 or even a 60-1 will come in play

btw good job on the times

Last edited:
jcgemt2003 said:
I just payed $250 for a custom 3" downpipe installed(minus a new cat and minus stainless). Definantely feels a little more torquey...I ran 13.8 all night last week at the track....Gonna go tomorrow and see if theres any improvement since the downpipe install.
Yea when I get my car back Ill definately be looking at gettin a custom 3" downpipe with a 3" exhaust...Good times too, I need to get to a track before snowfall and see what Ill be doing.

yea I think the 21st would be the last day for me...probably wont make it, looks like Ill have to wait until spring and mod the hell out of it.(ughdance)

A downpipe is going to help it hold boost till redline because the PCM is still going to open the wastegate to leak off boost...

If a MBC didn't do anything on your car you installed it wrong...

I don't recommend a boost controller on the car, because we don't really know if its killing the turbo, but if you want boost till 7000 rpms a boost controller will do it...

A downpipe is going to bring the boost spike earlier, and help the turbo be more efficient...

Wiggum said:
A downpipe is going to help it hold boost till redline because the PCM is still going to open the wastegate to leak off boost...

If a MBC didn't do anything on your car you installed it wrong...

I don't recommend a boost controller on the car, because we don't really know if its killing the turbo, but if you want boost till 7000 rpms a boost controller will do it...

A downpipe is going to bring the boost spike earlier, and help the turbo be more efficient...
dude you didnt listen very good... i had it at 17psi it just didnt feel like it helped i have a boost gauge! what im saying is its just putting out too much heat in the intake temps... its not helping its hurting performance... thats why i will be putting on a bigger turbo why buy a cheapo hybrid part to make the turbo temps go down when you can buy a bigger turbo and tne the thing

Back