Spoke with Eibach today.

gen1pro

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
Well I spoke with Eibach's tech dept. today and they say that the springs they have listed for the MS6 were tested with an actual MS6. They said that they are using the ones like the V6 to compensate for the weight. Now if someone has some free time I want them call and see if they were just feeding me BS or if it was true. I know this is a big debate among us for this car and I would really like to get this settled. I also asked if they had any plans on redesigning the spring for the MS6 and they said no. Thanks

gen1pro said:
Well I spoke with Eibach's tech dept. today and they say that the springs they have listed for the MS6 were tested with an actual MS6. They said that they are using the ones like the V6 to compensate for the weight. Now if someone has some free time I want them call and see if they were just feeding me BS or if it was true. I know this is a big debate among us for this car and I would really like to get this settled. I also asked if they had any plans on redesigning the spring for the MS6 and they said no. Thanks
Exactly... they use springs with horrible progressive spring rates...

I'm using the Pro-Kit and the rear are really low. You can put 1 finger/index in between the gap (between tire and wheel well).
I would not recommend cutting the bump stop especially if you have passengers in the back seats.

Awesome MS6 Eibach discussion

Here's my opinion:

The MS6 has springs which are significantly greater spring rates than the regular 6 (25% more up front, 37% in the rear off the top of my head). I would think that a proper spring set for the MS6 would take into account those spring rates, and further increase the spring rate for the drop. This is something something that Eibach did not take into consideration. Eibach, in all their infinite knowledge, decided to just use springs that were designed for the V6.

Let's be honest with ourselves. Eibach MS6 springs are for show and not for performance.

Last edited:
gen1pro said:

i have called them and they gave me the same story.

Back