Today's DIY Project

:
'06 5, '04 WRB WRX
So the front of our 5 seems to hit a few driveways (even more than our Odyssey did but that had H&R springs) therefore we have some scuffs on the front-end of a 2 month old car.
Idea hits me this morning. I had some left over garage door rubber trim. Test fitted it over the said area under the bumper and it was a good fit. Got some heavy duty 3M mounting tape and some Loctite adhesive and voila ! :
Front End View
DSCN0094-1.jpg

Left Side
DSCN0095.jpg

Left Side at an Agle
DSCN0097.jpg

Right Underside
DSCN0099.jpg

Took all of 30 mins. Let's see how it holds up. If it does, GREAT! If not, back to the drawing board.:)

Depending on how well the adhesive is, id say it'll scrap completely off.......and why 3 threads?

CitizenPro said:
Depending on how well the adhesive is, id say it'll scrape completely off.......and why 3 threads?
Oooppsss! So it posted 3 threads ? My bad. Looks like the site was running slow yesterday and I pressed submit a few times. (ughdance)

Great idea! Wished I woulda known about it before I scraped the heck out of that lower edge! (bang) Guess I can still do it and it will hide my mishap. Great post!

My edge is trashed. My husband can not remember to not pull up so far. Last week he scraped a curb so bad it pulled my fog light out of place (thankfully it was less than $50 to fix).

I figure he'd probably just scrape this off too.

I'll never understand why people block out their plate number when posting pics of thier cars in the internet...don't people see it when you're driving anyway?

monsta said:
I'll never understand why people block out their plate number when posting pics of thier cars in the internet...don't people see it when you're driving anyway?

Good Point! Not sure I have an answer - at least not one that makes sense.

monsta said:

Hundreds of people on the internet don't see you driving away, because they are on the internet sitting behind a computer in another town, city, state or even country. However, they could easily find out where you live with the license plate number.

Like?
~~~~~~~~
I could find out where someone lives with thier IP address...probably...I think...

Maybe it's just me. I never saw the harm. Anybody can come over my house if they want! Now if they aren't freindly but if they have a German Shepard & a Pit Bull to contend with. If they get past them my cat is a real asshole. (yes) Meeeeeeeeeeeeeow! Pthhhhhht!

Last edited:
They could track you down and drive railroad spike through your shoulders, pinning you to the wall. Then they could do thing, horrible things, to your family.

Or... someone in some other place sees your car, your mods, etc...
They'll simply look up the plate # + jack the car.

Where can you go to search someone's plate # and get their address??

I have an anti-railroad spike jacket...actually everyone in my family has one. (evil)

monsta said:
Where can you go to search someone's plate # and get their address??

I have an anti-railroad spike jacket...actually everyone in my family has one. (evil)
By going to anyone who knows anyone that works in the insurance and/or police department industry + doesn't care about losing their job.

It's easy as hell to for someone to trace the info so just don't promote your plates all over the place.

Back