got BOV?

Karma_hunden

:
'04 protege, then '05 mazda 3i, then '06 MS6 GT, now '10 RX8 R3
just wondering if anybody knew of a good BOV for my msp6GT?

Thank you!!

nah, i was just thinking to add a bit more to the car, see if it reduces the turbo lag a bit and the sound...hate the fact that the msp6 is too silent, you dont hear the turbo. bleh.

Karma_hunden said:
nah, i was just thinking to add a bit more to the car, see if it reduces the turbo lag a bit and the sound...hate the fact that the msp6 is too silent, you dont hear the turbo. bleh.

Get an intake. you will hear it then.

BOV is not necessary until you are boosting above 25 psi. This is almost a cosmetic mod...LOL. I will probably get one too.

Alfredo said:
BOV is not necessary until you are boosting above 25 psi. This is almost a cosmetic mod...LOL. I will probably get one too.

What?! are you serious?

A BOV or BPV is almost alwasys a necessary piece of equipment in a turbocharged car. without it you get terrible compressor surge, which causes your compressor to have to spool again once you shift gears. Compressor surge is also NOT good for the turbo, cause=ing undue wear and tear.

Our car are euipped with by-pass valves. It is essentially the same thing. It does not dump into the atmosphere. It will dump into the exhaust and/or re-circulate the air, and you won't hear "pssshhht"

Last edited:
Alfredo said:
Our car are euipped with by-pass valves. It is essentially the same thing. It does not dump into the atmosphere. It will dump into the exhaust and/or re-circulate the air, and you won't hear "pssshhht"

Yes I know. It would NOT be dumped into the exhaust because if it were, your MAF would be supplying fuel for air that was dumped into the exhaust. It is re-routed into your intake tract.
Where are you coming up with some of these so called facts you keep posting?

I had a tuned STi. I know it is not the same thing.
I also had a small company selling and installing parts. Plus, I have used this really cool feature on most boards, "search"
If I am unsure, I search and check things out...

Well for someone who supposedly should know what they are talking about, you don't come across that way...
And by the way a bypass valve will make a noticable psssh noise depending on the company and the boost you run. I ran 7 psi with a recirculated BPV and it made a very noticable release noise.

I also find it pretty hilarious that you direct me to a "search" when you are the one making not so smart posts...

I'm not picking a fight, i was pointing out the in-accuracies of your posts. You refute them by telling me to search, not backing up what you've stated...

wow this thread took a crap...lol i can make plates like i did for mine for the greddy it wasnt hard hell i can tell you how..

Karma_hunden said:
whoda **** took a dump on my thread!? [/tony montana]

The Mormon does have a good point...
Mis-information even if unintentional is very dangerous to the rep and future following of this board..
Keep communciating(RTM)

Why am I automatically mormon just because i am from utah?

And I didn't s*** on your thread. I gave you correct, accurate information.

are you mormon? just wondering. but you made good point no need to rant and rave about the same thing over and over. another fact i belive is when people say rec.vs. atm. is better. really theres no difference in hp on the dyno so really its up to the owner. nobody said that ijust thought i would throw that in.

Back