MTEC 4350k Super Whites

:
2017 Mazda CX5 GT - Premium
I just bought some HID fakies on ebay and am wondering if any of you have heard anything about them or have them. I was going to get Silver Stars but they dont make the h11 foglamp and i wanted them all to match. The price for high, lows, and foglamps ran me $80 including shipping. From what i've read today they should have a teeny tiny tint of blue and shoud look pretty sweet. I'll post pics as soon as i get them
For those of you who are looking for replacement lamps here are the sizes

Low Beam: H7
High: 9005
Fogs: H11

Attachments

• MT_440.jpg
    MT_440.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Post some pics of those bad boyz when they're glowing in your projectors!

I plan on getting Osram SilverStars at some point. I had Sylvania SilverStars before and noticed only margainal improvement... later research showed that Sylvania SS's are junk.

Cosmos Blue 4750 instead??????

Just got word from the guy on Fleabay that the H11 super whites wont be in stock for 3 more weeks so im running to you guys for help again!!! He is offering me the Cosmos Blue 4750 for a discounted price instead. Do any of you know about these? I've seen some pics online and they look pretty sweet too i just want to make sure i dont end up with BLUE headlights if you know what i mean. i want the look of expensive HID's not cheapy kid lights. ( no offense anyone )
Please HELP! :)

Attachments

• 92_1.jpg
    92_1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 4750k-1.jpg
    4750k-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 356
  • kelcolchart4750.jpg
    kelcolchart4750.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
if you want the look of HIDS, then buy HIDs...thats the only way your going to get THELOOK...sorry to say bud...all these lights, just look blue when in your car....and they are crappy for reliability too...2-5 months and they burn out. I had a set in my subaru and both burnt out the same time on the highway...in the night.

I must say I do agree with Kojak. First of all, if you truly want people to belive you have HID's, no Halogens will come close. The only way to get the 'look' of higher temperature HID's is with blue bulbs, and 99% if not 100% of those bulbs get blue by throwing on some blue tint on the bulb, cutting down on brightness.

While I never used them myself, yet, I've heard consistent good things about those Osram Silverstars. No they're not going to resemble HID's, but they are supposed to put down a good quality, bright, white(r) shade or light. Unfortunately bulbs are like almost everything else... you get what you pay for. If you just want a bluish tint bulb, then yeah, there are TONS out there that you'll be pleased with. But if you want to look the best, there are no shortcuts.

silverstars are the only bulbs i would use in halogen lights.

i had them in my passat and they work great. not HID but nice birght lights.

I have hids on my caddy now and they rock

yeah i had Silverstars in my last car (Montero Sport) and loved the brightness and color but they dont make the h11 size for my foglamps. If these look as good as my SS's did then i'll be pleased.

i think you will be dissapointed..back in my honda days I ordered just about every bulb you can think of and all came out BLUE...very sad looking....

Yeah, even thought there are other bulbs with more of a blue or purple tint than the Silverstars, they don't reach the brightness level of them. The last set of bulbs I used were the Eurolite Fusions. They had a nice look, but weren't nearly as bright as the Silverstars. They only lasted about 6-8 months. And I don't drive my SRT very much, and even less at night. I've heard that the Osram branded Silverstars are even brighter than the Sylvanina branded ones. You'll have to turn to ebay for the Osrams, because I think they're only sold in Europe.

The way I look at it, you'll pay $40-50 for a set of Silverstars, plus that for the fogs. You can get a set of HIDs for $200-250. I don't know how the light output would be, since the projector is designed for a halogen bulb.

I have had both Osram and Sylvania H4 Silverstars in my Subaru. They are both good, but nothing like HID. I had expected the Sylvania version to be significantly bluer (which I didn't want) but they were only slightly bluer. The Osrams lasted only a few months before burning out so I won't buy them again. The Sylvanias didn't last too long either (one year?) but that's because I hit a deer. On a previous car I had 100W H4 bulbs which threw a very nice light until they melted the connector. A HID conversion is very interesting but with a H4 bulb HID conversion you lose high beams so I haven't tried it on my Subaru. I'd like to hear how it works on the Mazda5.

Jon

jlk_250 said:
I have had both Osram and Sylvania H4 Silverstars in my Subaru. They are both good, but nothing like HID. I had expected the Sylvania version to be significantly bluer (which I didn't want) but they were only slightly bluer. The Osrams lasted only a few months before burning out so I won't buy them again. The Sylvanias didn't last too long either (one year?) but that's because I hit a deer. On a previous car I had 100W H4 bulbs which threw a very nice light until they melted the connector. A HID conversion is very interesting but with a H4 bulb HID conversion you lose high beams so I haven't tried it on my Subaru. I'd like to hear how it works on the Mazda5.

Jon
The loss of high beams is also a problem I would have with the SRT. Projector retros are getting pretty popular in that circle, but also pretty pricey. (+/- $1500) But for true HID, you can't really complain. The Mazda5 has a separate bulb for the high beams, so that wouldn't be an issue.

In case anyone's interested, today at AutoZone, I saw some new SiverStars, I think they were called SilverStar Plus. Supposedly 20% brighter, 20% farther range, and up to 30% more life than regular SilverStars. So that puts them at what, 4 months instead of 3? LOL. Price was $50 a pair.

that settles it. These damn things are still coming in the mail eventually, so i will enjoy them for the short while that i have them and eventually upgrade to a real HID kit but cant for a few more months because I'm saving to buy my wife an 07 Mazda3 5door. Maybe i'll save myself the headache and get the GT version...it comes with HID's. :p

got my Cosmos blue 4750k lights!

got my lights..they look pretty snazzy. I love the color but wish they were a little brighter. They seem to be just as bright as the stock bulbs so all in all i think i did good. MOst important of all they dont have any kind of rainbow effect. Just a nice clean white with a light blue tint. One of the pics has some purple but thats the lens/CCD of the camera.

Attachments

• angle.JPG
    angle.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 350
  • car front1.JPG
    car front1.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 350
  • fast shutter.jpg
    fast shutter.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 278
  • incar.jpg
    incar.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 292
  • small headlight.JPG
    small headlight.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
What about PIAAs?

In this entire thread I didn't hear anyone mention PIAA bulbs. I've used them in my motorbikes and cars and I have to say that they consistently put out whiter and brighter light than stock. They also cost about double what any other manufacturer costs but they are worth that you pay. They have a model that's currently only available in Japan but easily found on Ebay called Spark Blue 8000. The 8000 is supposedly the color temperature of the light. The higher the temperature, the closer to pure white the light appears. I've got Spark Blue 7500s in my other car as high beams and while they are not quite up to HID levels, they are really close, especially after the HIDs warm up and lose that initial blue hue. My experience with other brands is that you are actually only trading light color for reduced light output which really defeats the purpose because what's the point if your new bulb gives you less vision than stock ones?

i have to disagree with the PIAAs. my buddy had a set and they were not bright at all...nothing, can get the brightness of HID....no halogen bulb can look, or be close to HIDs. only HIDS......

paging_drburgos said:
Just got word from the guy on Fleabay that the H11 super whites wont be in stock for 3 more weeks so im running to you guys for help again!!! He is offering me the Cosmos Blue 4750 for a discounted price instead. Do any of you know about these? I've seen some pics online and they look pretty sweet too i just want to make sure i dont end up with BLUE headlights if you know what i mean. i want the look of expensive HID's not cheapy kid lights. ( no offense anyone )
Please HELP! :)

That sounds like a bait and switch tactic.

Matt

MD5 said:
That sounds like a bait and switch tactic.

Matt

Well the guy was actually pretty cool about it. I found out that it would only be a one week delay but I just didnt want to wait an extra week. I am glad i did take these though because the light they emit looks very pure and doesnt look cheap at all. Two thumbs up here. Just to be sure i parked the car pretty far away and left the lights on just to see how they looked in the distance as if i were a vehicle in oncoming traffic and they looked excellent. I could have mistaken them for HID's if i didnt know how bright HID's really are.

If you do end up getting HIDs you probably won't want HIDs in the fogs anyway, that ruins the point of fog lights. The bright light from your fogs would reflect against the fog and make it harded to see...

Back