Does the CP-E DP really add ~28 WHP and ~30 ft/lbs TQ?

Bemtje

Kinda sounds too good to be true. Same with the dynos for the other mods that they have. Can anyone confirm this?

speed6_downpie_hp_large.jpg

speed6_downpie_tq_large.jpg

Even the CAI is showing to add ~10 whp and ~15 ft/lbs of TQ. And not to mention the high numbers for the cat-back as well.

Last edited:
It's right there on the dyno readout.
I have CP-e's MAFci, and I feel a definate increase in power!

close up.jpg

Made a believer out of me (yes)

---Aloha

I have helped install CP-E intakes on a couple 6's and have driven them before & after and can attest to the power increase of that.

I have 2 friends with the CP-E headers (yet to be installed).

when you compare the stock downpipe and cp-e side by side, you'd understand the large power increase! Stock- Very restrictive Cp-e- very un-restrictive :)

wtf is with mazda saying the msp6 has 274whp/280tq when it really has 220whp/240tq!? i understand that when it comes to whp/tq to the wheels, it is usually within 10whp/tq less, but 50whp/40tq LESS!? what kind of BS is that??

Karma_hunden said:
wtf is with mazda saying the msp6 has 274whp/280tq when it really has 220whp/240tq!? i understand that when it comes to whp/tq to the wheels, it is usually within 10whp/tq less, but 50whp/40tq LESS!? what kind of BS is that??

20% drivetrain loss thats how.

Karma_hunden said:

Umm, no. Its NEVER within 10hp. 15-20% drivetrain loss is standard and sometimes its even more.

Karma_hunden said:

Uh... ALL manufacturers quote *FLYWHEEL* horsepower NOT horsepower at the wheels. So all chassis dynos will ALWAYS show lower numbers than the manufacturer's published numbers unless the car had been underrated.

Japan8 said:
Uh... ALL manufacturers quote *FLYWHEEL* horsepower NOT horsepower at the wheels. So all chassis dynos will ALWAYS show lower numbers than the manufacturer's published numbers unless the car had been underrated.
hes 100% correct.... they never claim 274whp just 274hp @20% loss your around 220whp but the rx-8 was a huge f-up it was how would you say a bit overrated...lol

The RX-8... oh boy.

Prior to release... 250hp.
When first released 247hp.
Shortly after release 238hp.
After SAE standards 232hp.
Estimated hp based on the average chassis dyno... 220hp.

Yeah... it's a load of sh*t. But the supserchargers and turbos being released at SevenStock... that will be badass. They are are looking at 270whp - 300whp. In a 3000lb car... this will be nuts.

well look at the ms3. i tested that its nice but the comfort of the ms6 is better for a family guy. 300whp in the rx-7 was easy made and it was not even 3klbs they were rockets i had one...lol

Karma_hunden said:

LOL- i know this is an old thread but...I dyno'd 252WHP/281TQ in MID JULY completely bone stock. That must have been one slow ass MS6...218hp Stock?...lol...Thank god not me..

some people say the differs from the top mount and how people put air to them... can sometimes decrease a few hp...

stussy2870 said:
LOL- i know this is an old thread but...I dyno'd 252WHP/281TQ in MID JULY completely bone stock. That must have been one slow ass MS6...218hp Stock?...lol...Thank god not me..

Some dyno's are extremely generous as compared to others. You have gotten a very generous (IMO in-accurate) dyno, as you dyno more to the wheels then any EVO or STI I've seen, and those run low 13s, and 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds. I'm sure on the dyno you were on. my former 04 STI would have dynoed at 265-270whp. In reality, you don't have that much WHP and torque. However, if you went to the track and ran low 13s bone stock, then I suppose you really do have that much WHP and torque, and I am wrong. Those dyno results mean you got a car that should be able to destroy magazine times. :)

Renesis8 said:
The MS6 is heavier than the STi/EVO. Dont forget that.

I have not forgotten that. 250-300lbs more. Even if I were to add 300lbs of passengers, it would still not be as fast from my personal experience. Most bone stock dynos on the STI show 235-240 whp on average, and about 250-255 wtq. It's just logical that the dyno is pretty generous because 10-15 more whp and 25-40 more wtq for the Speed 6 just doesn't add up to 250-300lbs more weight and a full second slower in magazine times. On a base average, 100lbs = one tenth of a second in 1/4 mile.

The problem is that all different types of dynos are not the same in how they measure hp, and on a different dyno this person could end up seeing 220-225whp, as others have shown. I don't trust dynos because of the large dicrepency, as they are not truly accurate at all. I can only go by what I have driven and owned, and compare. I lost a noticable amount of power regardless of weight, but then again I'm only going by my experience, and road tests. However, it makes a pretty good argument no doubt.

A better comparison is the Legacy GT. There's only about a 140lb difference in weight, and that car is rated at 243 flywheel hp and 241 tq. That car has run high 13s in road tests, and to me feels slightly faster the time I got one as a loaner when my STI was in for inspection and an oil change, and later test drove one before purchasing my Speed 6. One can argue that the Legacy is underrated of course, but I've generally seen dynos in the 220whp- 230wtq range on that car, and it's neck and neck, if not a slight bit faster then the Speed6 if for no other reason then the weight. I also am aware that the AWD system, the tuning, and the gearbox in Subarus is superior to that of the Speed 6, so there's arguments to be made all across the boards. :)

Back