autoEXE springs installed

Bigg Tim

:
MazdaSpeed 6
So I got them Wednesday and put them on today. I have a little over an inch drop right now and it looks pretty good. I rub like crazy with the 235's on it, so it's time to roll the fenders. I took some pics of the autoEXE's next to the stockers, I'll post them up later tonight.

The ride doesn't really feel any different then before, which is nice. Overall I like them so far and will like them better when I quit cutting into my tire.

Wiggum---how are yours not rubbing if my setup matches yours? I have the 235's on RX-8 wheels.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 970
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 869
Last edited:
What size are the RX-8 rims? Also did you get the Low Down Autoexe or the regular springs.

gen1pro said:
What size are the RX-8 rims? Also did you get the Low Down Autoexe or the regular springs.

The rims are 18x8 with a 50mm offset and yes they are the low down springs. They have settle nicely and I have about a one to one and a half inches of whel well now. With the fenders rolled, I don't rub anymore.

What do you all think about the stock wheels with a 235 tire?? I figure I will have to roll the fenders but do you think it will work??

jdub260 said:
What do you all think about the stock wheels with a 235 tire?? I figure I will have to roll the fenders but do you think it will work??

Stockers should work. The only reason I had to roll them was because of the 8" wide rims.

OK, I got off my butt and took some pics.

Attachments

• Side shot.jpg
    Side shot.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 1,545
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 915
  • Wheel 2.jpg
    Wheel 2.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 894
Last edited:
i was thinkin the same springs here... hows the ride differ? noticable in corners, bumpy, etc...? but it looks good man liking the rx8 wheels thats what im doin today shop for wheels getting painted tuesday

Dunno if they are progressive or linear, Wiggum would know. As for the ride, I can hardly tell any difference. It still takes the bumps real nice, just a little more feel then stock, but for the most part, I cannot even tell it is lowered.

Bigg Tim said:
Dunno if they are progressive or linear, Wiggum would know. As for the ride, I can hardly tell any difference. It still takes the bumps real nice, just a little more feel then stock, but for the most part, I cannot even tell it is lowered.
AutoEXE are linear.

OEM spring rates are 280 front and 185 rears.
AutoExe springs rate are 370 linear and 225 linear.

That is a front increase of 32%... a rear increase of 22%...
AutoEXE is lowered 30mm. Approx 1 1/4".

Latest posts

Back