my 2 runs after i installed my front mount intercooler

MS6freek

:
MAZDASPEED 6 2006
ok guy , so i just got this belltronic fx2
fx2.jpg

its like the gtech but it works on our car!!

so i went for 2 runs because it started to rain and these are the numbers i got
boost is set @ 15psi to redline!!!

1st run cutout closed
13.78@ 99.7mph
1/8 @ 8.76sec
60 foot @ 1.85sec
0 - 60 @ 5.40sec
hp = 297hp

2nd run cutout open
13.37 @ 103.4mph
1/8 @ 8.60sec
60'' @ 1.80sec
0 - 60 @ 5.2sec
hp = 330hp

so im pretty happy with that and im sure that i can get better then that!! i just did 2 runs

hey freek,are you going to modify this one as much as the p5 was???cause if yes,its going to be terrible,i know,i ve seen the p5 in real(julep),and it was more than a beast!!!!!(shocked)

patmaz said:
hey freek,are you going to modify this one as much as the p5 was???cause if yes,its going to be terrible,i know,i ve seen the p5 in real(julep),and it was more than a beast!!!!!(shocked)
yes i will but in a smarter way!!

(first)

Very nice man, I have the earlier model (vectorFX) and I threw it in my buddies WRX at the track a couple weeks ago... it was within 1 10th for all of the 6 runs. The dyno settings needed a lot of tweeking on mine before it was reading properly though. Best way to do that is to dial it in right after leaving the dyno shop.:)

MS6freek said:
well cutout closed and cut out open there is a big difference

How accurate is that meter? I've been wanting a Gtech but I just don't want to blow the money.

Hughes412 said:
How accurate is that meter? I've been wanting a Gtech but I just don't want to blow the money.

it is very accurate !! just to give you a quick idea, my friend went on the dyno with his 323 and he pulled 255hp at the wheels and the vector fx2 gave him 252 at the wheels. so between me and you that is pretty precis!!

also like 505zoom said (it was within 1/10th for all of the 6 runs) so it is vray accurate

Yup, 2 of them were dead on, the other 4 were 1/10th off. 1/4 mile runs. MPH was also within 1 for all 6 runs.

Raynman said:
Seriously, get dynoed already.

Why do you insist on a dyno , here im giving you very accurate numbers and times!!!
you really do want me to spend that 125$ for the dyno run lol

MS6freek said:
Why do you insist on a dyno , here im giving you very accurate numbers and times!!!

Accurate? That's debatable. With regard to an HP reading based off of a run, the level of accuracy of accelerometer result is affected by so many variables (ie operator accelerometer inputs, driver auto inputs, traction, weather conditions, grade of the road, etc.). Also, recall that any hp reading from an accelerometer is a derived computed reading, NOT the actual reading off of the wheel or crank. A dyno would yield a more accurate reading given the fact that not as many variables are involved. Also while the whp result is still calculated, the whp result is close to actual because it's an SAE validated calculation.

you really do want me to spend that 125$ for the dyno run lol

FX2: $175 CD or greater (most likely greater?)

dyno: $125 CD a run, each run more accurate and more consistent than the FX2

BTW, professional tuners tune and measure their gains from dynos - not accelerometers.

Raynman said:
Accurate? That's debatable. With regard to an HP reading based off of a run, the level of accuracy of accelerometer result is affected by so many variables (ie operator accelerometer inputs, driver auto inputs, traction, weather conditions, grade of the road, etc.). Also, recall that any hp reading from an accelerometer is a derived computed reading, NOT the actual reading off of the wheel or crank. A dyno would yield a more accurate reading given the fact that not as many variables are involved. Also while the whp result is still calculated, the whp result is close to actual because it's an SAE validated calculation.

FX2: $175 CD or greater (most likely greater?)

dyno: $125 CD a run, each run more accurate and more consistent than the FX2

BTW, professional tuners tune and measure their gains from dynos - not accelerometers.

well im not proffesional then ;) (first)

Back