Colors

Hi all,

I'm getting very close to owning one of these puppies but I'm questioning colors. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the colors. I've kind of settled on the black, gray and silver (I know they call em different names) but I have my doubts about each. I like the black best but it looks flat to me like it could age fast. I have the same problems with the gray and silver. I suspect I'll just end up buying whatever's on the lot from whomever offers me the best price but if I have a choice I'd like to use it as best I can.

I'm curious to hear from those of you who own these colors and how you feel about them after having the car for a few months and seeing them with a bit of dirt on them. I always see them clean and shiny not like they are in the wild.

Thanks!

once you go black you never go back. i have been contemplating getting a black one for some time now

i'm partial to the silver, looks great in all kinds of light and hides dirt well for when you can't get around to cleaning. also, it constrasts nicely with all the black trim pieces. bonus points for tinted windows on a silver car.

All the colors look spectacular when thay are clean, waxed and in the sun. I haven't seen a black one in person but even the (IMHO) ugly as hell black cherry looked really nice on the dealers lot on that sunny day. If your gonna go with one of the colors you listed I'd suggest black, if you don't live on a dirt road. It's hell to keep a car clean isn't it :)

Black looks nice but you will have to put up with all the little swirls and scratches,and let me tell you mazda paint sux. It chips and scratchs easyr then any other paint I have had. I went with the gray, shows a little dirt but hides swirls and scratches better then the black.Good luck

Thanks all, if things work out right today it'll be a Titanium Gray. If they work out a little less right it'll be black. If they don't work out at all it'll be a different car but I think it's gonna work as dealers are desperate to get rid of these cars.

Silver is kind of rare (actually Mazda 6's of any stripe are rare in these parts) and I didn't want to buy a color I hadn't seen in person even if I think it might be the best color.

Anyways, I like the black best but I pulled up next to a new TSX the other day and I could see every blemish on the car. This car will be outside and parked in an apartment complex between two old Accords with drivers who don't give new meaning to the word svelte or the art of car washing. It's gonna get dirty and beat on.

Thanks all.

PS: Gotta quit being a noob about this car. I didn't even know it was a Speed6 when I created this account.

Pearl White Mica

Looks clean, even when it isn't, helps keep the car cool in the sun and will never fade. (first)

possibly6Speed said:
Hi all,

I'm getting very close to owning one of these puppies but I'm questioning colors. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the colors. I've kind of settled on the black, gray and silver (I know they call em different names) but I have my doubts about each. I like the black best but it looks flat to me like it could age fast. I have the same problems with the gray and silver. I suspect I'll just end up buying whatever's on the lot from whomever offers me the best price but if I have a choice I'd like to use it as best I can.

I'm curious to hear from those of you who own these colors and how you feel about them after having the car for a few months and seeing them with a bit of dirt on them. I always see them clean and shiny not like they are in the wild.

Thanks!

You got da Black Mica
Shine da light on the car
make it look rica...

Titanium gray, fly by my way
makin da girl drop their jaws wit nothin to say...

Silver the same color as any other...where's the variety
this colorgame shocks me it shoulda been strato blue!!!

Yo check out my cherry mica
ugly as s*** color don't make me fight ya

Velocity red is the sweetest color
my first choice word to ya motha

White water pearl, the look flys me higherthan the chronic
feelin bionic, ridin in my mazda with the flyest garments...

I just bought my MS6 a week ago, I actually went out of my way to find the black cherry color..to me it was the best they offered besides white and I'm not paying two hundred bucks extra for a color.
The black cherry is hot in the sunlight, really shows off the muscular curves well.

Back