*PICS*New Wheels and Blacked out Head/Fog/Parking Lights

Armyguy1104

:
06 MS6 GT
Finally picked up some new wheels. They are Motegi 18" DP6's in Hyper Black. Also had my tint person black out the headlights, fog lights, and parking lights. Im not sure if I would recommend this due to the fact that I put the lightest film for having a "smoked" appearance and it still severeky diminished the amount of light. The HID's now look like a set of headlights from an older model car. Regardless I paid a hundred for it so until I get pulled over for it "knock on wood" Im goin to leave it as is. Without further ado....
frdrvflash.jpg

frntdriv2.jpg

frntground.jpg

front3.jpg

frpass.jpg

frright.jpg

side.jpg

sideflash.jpg

wheel.jpg

wheelflash.jpg

did he use window tint on the outside lights??? i would have done the tails before anything. im sure light outout is greatly deminished. to each his own

Last edited:
kudakev615 said:
did he use window tint on the outside lights??? i would have done the tails before anything. im sure light outout is greatly deminished. to each his own

Its thicker then window tint but same idea. Its similar to the rockblocker if you have ever used that. My reason for doing just the headlights was that I dont want someone rearending me for "not being able to see my brakelights" for one and two its alot easier for the police to decide to pull you over if they are sitting right behind you. Also I cant get in trouble for it during the day with it being just on my headlights but if it were on my tail lights then I would be at risk 24/7 you know. And in my initial post I stated that the lights were severely diminished and also my reason for not removing them as of yet.

Looks great, I can't wait to get my overlays for the reflector lights in the front and back!

gorgeous wheels.

Although, for some reason, the more aftermarket wheels I see on the MS6, the more I like the stock wheels. It's almost like the wheel gap is so much more obvious with aftermarket ones. I'm sure in person it's better as always, and taking pictures down low ( which everyone seems to do) certainly exaggerates the problem. I know, that's silly, and perhaps it's just what I am used to looking at, but I have yet to see a set of aftermarket wheels on the ms6 that makes me say "I got to have those and I don't care what they cost". On top of that, the entire car has a euro look to it. Once you stick a traditional 5 star wheel on it, it's like a.....how can I explain this, a mixed jap/euro/US look?

I don't friggin know what I'm trying to say. They are indeed nice wheels though.

Your whole set-up will look so much better with a lowered stance.

Looks good (thumb)

.. Oh man, I'd be terrified if I had tint on my headlights. Though don't ask me why -- I have my stock tail lights and sidemarkers tinted, and every single window on my MSP has tint. But there's just something about tinting the actual HEADLIGHT that makes my skin crawl. I think it looks alright on the MS6 .. But I dunno, I liked the look of the physical headlights on that car. And sacrificing the HIDs? Naw, I couldn't do it.

As far as the wheels are concerned, I'm gonna sound like a mad hypocrite because I have the same wheels on my MSP -- but they just don't seem to look right on the MS6. I can't even figure out why. Maybe it's because of the wheel gap. I'm not sure. But something about the lines of the MS6 and those wheels -- it doesn't fit. I think it's that there's too much meat on your tires. 19's would've been a better choice, maybe?

You said the wheels are in Hyper Black, though -- but they look silver to me in those pics?

Yeesh, I don't know what's wrong with me. If you took my MSP and morphed it into an MS6, it'd prolly come out looking something like this -- but man, it just doesn't fit together right in my eyes, somehow.

I like it! but agree about lowering it.

I woulda been pulled over during the ride home if I had my headlights covered like that. Mason PO appreciates nothing aftermarket and tend to scope me out of the crowd. How hard is it to get the laminate off? How much residue does it leave?

Wish I had that mush sidewall on my 18's... :(

the problem is that you bought rims with the ring around. That usually makes thet car look one number down. I used to have rims like that, they were 17 but they looked 16 cuz the diameter starts from the edge of the rim/ring to the other, but what people see is the rim itself (not the ring, which its really like a 16 in my case, but thte ring makes it bigger, hence 17s) and it makes it look smaller. So you should've gotten 19s so it would've looked 18.

I would say lower it, but then again I dont know if thats a good idea. I dont know about yall but to me the MSP6 is damn stiff (just perfect like it comes stock, but for looks i do prefer it lowered) and if you lower it then it would be like riding on stone tyres a.k.a flinstones.

I hear ya on the ring making them look smaller... Unfortunately you dont ever really know what it looks like until you see it in person and by then your are stuck with. Fortunately I do like them except like someone else said when you get aftermarket wheels it seems to make the wheel well gap even more pronounced :(.

I thought about droppin it but Im not thinkin these mazda guys up here are too mod friendly and if they try to screw me on something by saying its related to the suspension when its not then thats a little more then I feel like dealin with. Anyone know if the aftermarket suspension on mazda's site is better then ours or is it just the same. I see they have a coil over but im not in any need for that much.

It was my understanding that the MS6 couldn't handle 19's with messing with the wheel wells thats why I didnt get those..

Also you mind explaining to me how blacking out the headlights is "ghetto" ? In my opinion blacking out the taillights is more dangerous since someone is much more likely to rearend you when they are unable to notice your brake lights... and I also live in the city up here as well as in FL so well lit streets really isnt an issue for me.

Rush said:
.. Oh man, I'd be terrified if I had tint on my headlights. Though don't ask me why -- I have my stock tail lights and sidemarkers tinted, and every single window on my MSP has tint. But there's just something about tinting the actual HEADLIGHT that makes my skin crawl. I think it looks alright on the MS6 .. But I dunno, I liked the look of the physical headlights on that car. And sacrificing the HIDs? Naw, I couldn't do it.
I didnt think it was goin to cut out that much but like i said it pretty much just looks like headlights from an older model as far as how much light it throws. When you look into them they are still a bright white compared to the fogs but it just doesnt throw as far. And since I spent a 100 im not goin to take them off just yet.

[/QUOTE]
You said the wheels are in Hyper Black, though -- but they look silver to me in those pics?[/QUOTE]

If you look at the pic with the flash you can tell its hyper black.. yea they do look silver in the pics but the car color looks different as well... not sure why (weird) must be because its taking during the twilight hours. The car is titanium grey and looks almost bluish grey (reflection of the sky i suppose) if that makes any sense

Armyguy1104 said:
If you look at the pic with the flash you can tell its hyper black.. yea they do look silver in the pics but the car color looks different as well... not sure why (weird) must be because its taking during the twilight hours. The car is titanium grey and looks almost bluish grey (reflection of the sky i suppose) if that makes any sense
Oh, the Titanium definitely looks 'weird' colors in certain surroundings, in certain weather, and at certain times of day. I speak from experience on that.

But are these wheels what you have, in this color? This is a pic taken of my MSP just last week. The colors are a bit more true to form thanks to the fact that it was overcast and had just finished raining -- obviously, heh.

PHood8.jpg

And I don't blame you for not removing your tint on anything. My windows came out tinted much darker than I wanted them, but I said I'd keep them like that until forced to remove the tint by the cops. It's now two years later .. and the tint is still on, haha. (Knock on wood!)

But are these wheels what you have, in this color? This is a pic taken of my MSP just last week. The colors are a bit more true to form thanks to the fact that it was overcast and had just finished raining -- obviously, heh.

PHood8.jpg

Nah bro looks like yours are gunmetal? for some reason... did they say yours were hyper black? For others that think they are silver here are the pics from Motegi's website that show the different finishes. Also if you are interested they have an application that will show what the wheels look like on a Mazda6 sport ( wish i wouldve seen this before to help) but even more interesting is that you can drop the ride height to get a rough idea of what it might look like. Anywho they are pics of the gunmetal, hyper black, and silver in their respective order.

Attachments

• dp6gun.jpg
    dp6gun.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 147
  • dp6hb.jpg
    dp6hb.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 142
  • dp6silv.jpg
    dp6silv.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 139
Armyguy1104 said:
Nah bro looks like yours are gunmetal? for some reason... did they say yours were hyper black? For others that think they are silver here are the pics from Motegi's website that show the different finishes. Also if you are interested they have an application that will show what the wheels look like on a Mazda6 sport ( wish i wouldve seen this before to help) but even more interesting is that you can drop the ride height to get a rough idea of what it might look like. Anywho they are pics of the gunmetal, hyper black, and silver in their respective order.
Aaah, okay. Now it makes sense, seein' the pics of the color choices.

I never even bothered looking at the other color options when I bought mine, to be honest. And yes, I do have the gunmetal -- those were the first ones I saw, and the instant I saw them, I knew they were exactly what I wanted! Definitely good choice on the wheel 'model', though. I get compliments on mine all the time. :D

Oh, and BTW -- I'm a girl. ;)

Back