Mazda5 vs. Protege5

As I drove over the P5 I did speed by it..... P5 can't keep up to my 5MT. I even bring it to Mazda 3 Sport dudes.... yup We rock

Well the 5 and 3 GT got the same engine. The 5 is probably a little heavier thant the 3. And I think the 2.3l engine wasn't available in the P5.

So as far as it goes, the 5 should be quicker than the P5 and a 3GS. But don't go head to head with a 3GT, as the 3GT sportier config + lighter weight would win.

I still think the p5 has the best handling though...even though it's the slowest =p

Add in the additional drag from the increased height of the 5 and the 3GT would probably show the 5 it's taillights before 1/8th of a mile. I love this discussion, it reminds me of my old LS1GTO.com days :)

I dont remeber if it was Motor Trend or C&D but they put the Mazda5 0.3 tenths behind the 3. Reasoning? The mazda5 has a diffrent fuel/timing map. It has more power faster, but is down 3hp at peak to the 3. Maybe the 3 guys should try throwing in a 5 ecm. (peep)

maybe off topic but i smoked a matrix xr today... a car and fender. i also tried it against a 6 (non v6 of course) and it was pretty close.

jandree22 said:
I dunno, 5 minutes passed?

:D

I bet :p

Puckpimp71 said:
Let me know when it's over.

(rofl)

Mazda5owner said:
I still think the p5 has the best handling though...even though it's the slowest =p

absolutely. Though I was pleasantly surprised in the poise of the Mazda5 when I autocrossed one at zoom zoom live.. soo much fun :)

Back