Looking to purchase CX-7 GT4WD

Toolgirl

I am new to your forum however an old Mazda car owner. Can anyone offer me any tips before I decide to buy GT 4WD? I live NY-any references??

Thinking of white or liquid platnium.

Test drive it, giggle when the turbo throws you back in your seat. That is what sold my wife.

First, I would like to welcome you to our forums, feel free ask around and get to know our community. People are very cool here and are here to help.

I moved your thread to the proper folder.

Please check my following thread, my experience purchasing the CX-7 for my wife might give you an idea on what to look for. If you have any questions feel free to ask.:)

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123643341

Last edited:
I am no expert, however I always check out edmunds.com and kbb.com to price my ideal car. Then make whatever adaptation to live in the real world and decide what I really want. Rather than deal with one dealer who might have to order my car I went to the Mazda site directly to "build my car" then searched inventory of dealerships within 150 mile area that had those specific vehicles. I then e-mailed all of them. I prefer to respond only to those who give me a price as I asked for their best deal on the vehicle. I visited my local dealership first, then traveled to a dealership who had e-mailed me back with a price. My local dealerships "final" offer was $1900 more than what I paid for my beautiful new CX-7.

Good Luck.

Welcome

Toolgirl said:
I am new to your forum however an old Mazda car owner. Can anyone offer me any tips before I decide to buy GT 4WD? I live NY-any references??

Thinking of white or liquid platnium.

Welcome! We ended up with the sport model in the Liquid Platnium and love it. Our dealer is weak but the car is great!

Attachments

• mazda_cx-7_06_screena.JPG
    mazda_cx-7_06_screena.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 170
The CX-7 is not 4wd, it's AWD. It's an active-torque system which can only transfer 50% to the rear-wheels and there is no low-range setting. The CX-7 is not an off road vehicle, it's AWD system is to provide extra grip in icy or wet on-road conditions.

Here's an excerpt from MSN Autos:

"Mated to a new 6-speed Sport AT automatic transmission with manual shift mode, the CX-7 is offered in either front-wheel drive or with Mazda's Active Torque-Split All-Wheel Drive. The AWD system uses a computer-controlled coupling integrated with the rear differential to deliver up to half the available torque to the rear wheels on demand. Torque distribution is optimized based on information from sensors that monitor the engine, individual wheel speeds, ABS operation, and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system." (http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023973)

Just remember that the car business is hurting and even on new models you can get good deals around invoice pricing. It sometimes helps to get to 2 different dealers and work them each and see where you get your best deal. Good luck and welcome to the forum!! It's a great vehicle!!

Thank you all for being so nice and giving me good advice. I went to go look at the baby again today-getting closer to buying it. Still contiplating between Pearl White or Liquid Silver - they both look great!
I am waiting for the dealer to get me the price on the extended warranty. Does Anyone have it??
So tell me if you build your CX-7 online and get a price-approx. how much does the dealer normally take off??

Toolgirl said:
Thank you all for being so nice and giving me good advice. I went to go look at the baby again today-getting closer to buying it. Still contiplating between Pearl White or Liquid Silver - they both look great!
I am waiting for the dealer to get me the price on the extended warranty. Does Anyone have it??
So tell me if you build your CX-7 online and get a price-approx. how much does the dealer normally take off??

Go to Edmunds.com and price the CX-7 with exactly all the options that you want. Then go to the dealership and let them know that you want a CX-7 with the following trim and options and that you want to pay this price (invoice + tax, title and extended warranty) or whatever you are willing to pay. (enguard) Whatever you do, do not settle for less and stick to the plan until the end. You can tell them that you were already offer this deal at another dealership but you did not like their customer service so you decided to walk and find another.(evil)

Toolgirl said:
I like the giggle part!! :)

Hmm, interesting

Back