Pre delivery inspections...

cruzdreamer

:
Former owner of Mazda CX 7 GT Electric Blue
I was in to have my dealer check my CEL on my RX 8....it was my gas cap...I neglected to fasten it after my fill up. As I was waiting and eyeing about 15 CX 7's....(mostly black ones), the sales man I have been chatting with see's me and chats with me. He tells me now all the CX 7's have to have a pre inspection on the engine before it leaves the dealership.....intersting and I guess good. Maybe to avoid the CEL lights from coming on in the first 1000 miles or so? Well, just thought I'd share that. Hmmmm....maybe that would have been good to do on the RX 8's. As you may or may not know....voluntary emissions recall on all the engines of 2004-2006 RX 8's. If your car does not pass the testing you get a new engine.....if it does you are sent on your way and if it needs a few things like cataltyic converter, spark plugs, new starter, battery than you get that fix. Oh and they extended our powertrain warranties an extra year and 10,000 miles automatically for free.

Zoom,Zoom

I heard many are getting the CX 7 as a loaner car while they do the recall on the 8!!! Most say they love it and it's a fun car to drive...I knew that!!:)

cruzdreamer said:
I heard many are getting the CX 7 as a loaner car while they do the recall on the 8!!! Most say they love it and it's a fun car to drive...I knew that!!:)

They check for fouled plugs during the PDI. I guess all the short trips on and off the ship and around the shiping yards can foul the plugs. In Canada they forced all the dealers to have CX-7 service loaners. They want as many people as possible driving the CX-7 and spreading the word on what an amazing ride it is.

Back