Motor Oil

wongster

Ok going to change my oil soon for this car. Anybody who has changed their oil for the cx-7 recommend what type of oil and brand i should get?

coolio... so what oil filter did you use? fram? or the oem?... i got 1900 km on it now in 2 weeks lol.. dang i drive too much.. will prob change it myself after my camping trip next week.. sigh another 800 km....

i think that the synthetic is the best oil for turbo cars and if the manual recomends that one i guess is a castrol synthetic somethink tomorrow i'll go to change the oil , have a free oil change in my dealer they use castrol i guess i stay with that one!!!

Fram makes terrible filters, lots of sites online with proof. They just dont filter much.

I will be changing the oil in the CX7 for the first time this weekend, and will be putting Amsoil synth in it, and a Purolator oil filter.

I will be using Canola oil and just re-wrapping a napkin around my old oil filter. I read somewhere on the internet that it is the best way to ensure the longevity of your engine. ;)

Sorry - just in a goofy mood.

CX7_Scott said:
I will be using Canola oil and just re-wrapping a napkin around my old oil filter. I read somewhere on the internet that it is the best way to ensure the longevity of your engine. ;)

Sorry - just in a goofy mood.

Hey guys, Mazola is the best Canola oil out there, LOL.

According to the mazda service guy here, I should only use semi-synthetic 5-20, as he has seen full synthetic blow an engine:bs: ? I will go with what the manual recommends. (RTM) (RTM) (RTM)

after review of theowners manual, nowhere does it state not to use full synth. There is the API standard that it must contain, but nowhere does it state not to use full synth. I think my Mobil1 did. I compared it to the manual when I bought it.

Back