My Visit to Tustin Mazda

I will take delivery of the CX-7 tomorrow evening and would like to know how I fared in my purchase. Details are as follows:

2007 Mazda CX-7 GT FWD
-Black Cherry Mica with Sand Interior
-Moonroof/Bose Audio/6CD Changer Package (thanks for the feedback!)
-Cargo Net
-Compass & Auto Dim Mirror
-Wheel Locks
S-PLAN SALE PRICE BEFORE TAXES AND FEES = $26896

The S-Plan price sheet I had printed off the Ford Partner site calculates to $26186. Why the difference?

Also, the finance manager had offered me some other options while we were going through the paperwork. Details are as follows:

-LOJACK device = $625
-Teflon Protective Coating (5-Year Warranty) = $350
-Extended Warranty (7-Year or 100K Miles) = $1761

Living in Orange County, California, do I need the LOJACK device and Teflon Coating? As always, your input is much appreciated!

Attachments

• Mazda2007.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 203
I bought my RX-8 from Tustin and they apply the teflon coating to all their cars. I'm not sure if it makes any difference in paint protection. However, once applied they will charge you for it. I made a stink about how it was already applied to my car and I didn't want it and they gave it to me for half price. Also, seeing as how the coating is clear, how do you know for sure they even apply it? If you get the coating, I would make sure you get some sort of warranty/guarantee paperwork. I didn't.

As for LoJack, I've never owned a vehicle with it and probably wouldn't buy it. I guess it would really come in handy if your car got stolen. I've seen many dealers add LoJack to a car to just boost the price. I'd assume there's a kickback or something involved.

Also, The reason for the price difference between the S-Plan PDF and your final price is because of destination charges. They are added to every vehicle and are not listed in the S-Plan pricing.

What's up, fellow OC Resident! Man, we in the same industry too (IT) and born on the same month (December 8).

I'll be picking up the CX-7 in the evening after work, so I can still cancel the LoJack, the teflon coating, and the extended warranty. The car does come with an alarm system with ignition kill. I figure for $625, I can get a better theft-deterrent??? I'll ask them about the Teflon coating because my sales contract shows the $350 charge, but doesn't specify what it is exactly. Besides, can't we just buy our own bottle of Teflon coat for like $8.99??? On top of that, I was offered free lifetime carwashes; were you? When they wash your car, do they clean and detail inside-out? As for the warranty, I gotta find out the exact details. I just bought insurance for this car through Geico and they have a special coverage called "Mechanical Breakdown Coverage":

Multi-Risk is a package of coverages that includes Comprehensive, Collision and Mechanical Breakdown (MBI). This coverage protects you from expensive auto repair bills when your car experiences a mechanical failure. Multi-Risk is usually much more affordable than the Extended Warranty offered by your car dealership and in some instances covers more. Varying deductibles are available for the Comprehensive and Collision portions of the package; a $250 deductible applies to the Mechanical Breakdown. You should add Multi-Risk protection to your policy as soon after the car is purchased as possible. GEICO Multi-Risk can only be added if it is a current model year vehicle, the vehicle is less than 15 months old and the odometer reading is less than 15,000 miles, and you are the first title holder. Multi-Risk coverage expires once the vehicle is 7 years old or reaches 100,000 miles.

That coverage has a $250 deductible and will cost me $46.20 every year. If my math serves me correctly, that's a lot cheaper than Mazda's extended warranty. Please advise, guys. I hope I'm not overbearing you all with my questions. It's my first car purchase ever, and I'm not exactly what you would call a car connoisseur.

I did not get free car washes from them. I bought my RX-8 3 years ago when they were under different management. I do know that they wash your car when you bring it in for service during the week. That wash is just a simple exterior wash with no detailing.

BTW, totally forgot to wish you luck on the purchase. You better post some pics! Black Cherry and Sand is my fav color combo!

Back