Whats the Max speed you can go on ur cx-7?

wongster said:
I tried to test it out last nite and it topped out at 190km/h.. i think thats about 120miles/hr.

I had ours up to 110mph the other day and it felt like I was doing 60mph, very stable I must say. In my Z, I do 140mph almost every day I get off work.(glare)

Z_Monzter said:
I had ours up to 110mph the other day and it felt like I was doing 60mph, very stable I must say. In my Z, I do 140mph almost every day I get off work.(glare)

too bad ours shut down @ 117 mph(ughdance)

CEW73 said:
too bad ours shut down @ 117 mph(ughdance)

(omg) What, are you serious. That's:bs: on Mazda

I'm gonna have to check on that one. 117mph sounds too soon.

My car speedo says 160mph and I've been told that it cuts off at 157mph. I've done 140mph on it.

So if we can't do more than 120, why stick a guage on that goes to 140? Would much more perfer to have additional markings within the normal driving limits.

I don't know to call BS on 135 or not it would seem no one really knows the top speed of this car/truck/wagon thing :)
Every where from stops at 117 to goes to 140. Oh well I am sure you all will enjoy your jelly beans. (enguard)(glare)(enguard)

whatever you think i don't care!!!! Im telling the true and that matters!!! i personally say that this car/truck/wagon like you said is way better than the mazdaspeed protege and is way faster!!!

I backed out of it at 110. I don't need much more, but I feel warm and cozy knowing it's there if I want or need it.

spike blue said:
whatever you think i don't care!!!! Im telling the true and that matters!!! i personally say that this car/truck/wagon like you said is way better than the mazdaspeed protege and is way faster!!!
Dang Spike you are getting kinda touchy :)
I never said you were lying. Some sites said it was 140 top speed and some others said 120. I know on some vehicles they used to limit certain models according to tires vr had a higher limit than sr etc.
Way better or worse than my soon to be 300WHP MSP is all a matter of taste.
No need to get all riled up. (shocked)

yashooa said:
Dang Spike you are getting kinda touchy :)
I never said you were lying. Some sites said it was 140 top speed and some others said 120. I know on some vehicles they used to limit certain models according to tires vr had a higher limit than sr etc.
Way better or worse than my soon to be 300WHP MSP is all a matter of taste.
No need to get all riled up. (shocked)

you right im sorry!!! (peep) hey by the way post pictures of you msp!!! i used to love mine but i just can't keep it because it had a lot of problems!!

hmm maybe diff states or prov have diff limiter set.. in Ont.. the max i can go is 190 km/h (120m/h) and it wont go any faster.

Haven't tried to run her out yet but I'm expecting to hit the factory limiter at 117.

Why is everybody obsessed with a 117mph governor? When is it ever necessary to travel at speeds higher than 117mph? Especially in an SUV (even if it's both a crossover and a Mazda).

jersey_emt said:
Why is everybody obsessed with a 117mph governor? When is it ever necessary to travel at speeds higher than 117mph? Especially in an SUV (even if it's both a crossover and a Mazda).

i guess because i was so use to driving over 200km+ on my talon.. when i needed too.. most likely wont be doing it that often on the cx-7, but it would feel nice to not have a restriction on my car.

remove the limiter

1Sleepy93 said:
Nothing you can do about the limiter yet as no one has cracked the ECU yet.

Crack the ECU - remove the limiter - anybody (help)

It is weird becuase I have hit 120-130mph then the car becomes like non responsive i hit the gas pedal and nada not to mention it feels like you went over a small bump on the road then the mph drops to 100 then I can hit the gas pedal again. weird I will try to mount dash cam and take quicktime movie

Last edited:
Back