Installation of Cat-Back (cp.e) system on MazdaSpeed6

Hi.

I reside in the north suburbs of Chicago (Highland Park, IL) and want to
purchase a Cat-Back system from cp.e to be installed on my MazdaSpeed6.

Problem is, I have no mechanical skills (at all) and I know no reputable service mechanic who is familiar with the cp.e cat-back system or the 2006 MazdaSpeed 6.

Tapping into the combined knowledge of the august group, can anyone recommend a competent, trustworthy installer in this area?

Thanks,

Stuart J. Holt
Highland Park, IL 60035

kestrelxlo said:
Hi.

Problem is, I have no mechanical skills (at all) and I know no reputable service mechanic who is familiar with the cp.e cat-back system or the 2006 MazdaSpeed 6.

Tapping into the combined knowledge of the august group, can anyone recommend a competent, trustworthy installer in this area?

Thanks,

Stuart J. Holt
Highland Park, IL 60035
You want my advice? Go to your local muffler shop and tell them you want them to install a custom 3" catback exhaust with a 3" glasspack. Have them eliminate the second cat(its a resinator with no o2 sensor) and youll save yourself a bunch of money....If you want stainless youll probably still save a bunch of money. I have what I descibed above. I went to a local muffler shop outside of Nashville,TN and paid $250 for my catback with the glasspack and installation. I didnt want the stainless, the way I look at it, who the hell is gonna see it anyway! I also went with single exhaust for now...they ran it to the right side of the rear bumper. They told me I could change it back to duel exhaust anytime I want for another $65-75. Beleive me when I tell you that its not gonna make a difference in hp if you spend $600 on cp-e or $300 on a custom non-stainless. I have seen there dyno results and I think they doctor them up a little bit. If there is anyone out there who put a cp-e catback on and has dynoed there car with the same results we would have heard from them by now. I have there intake and the hks blowoff valve they sell along with a custom exhaust and to be honest theres not that big of a difference between that and stock. You just boost a little longer.
Jason....KENOSHA,WI

kestrelxlo said:
Hi.

Thanks,

Stuart J. Holt
Highland Park, IL 60035
If you want to come to Kenosha,WI. which is about 45min north of you call Dave's discount Muffler shop on Sheridan Rd. There # is 262-656-1017...This guy has known my dad since highschool so I know he does good work.

The CP-E exaust is VERY easy to install. Any muffler shop should ba able to do it in about 1/2 an hour.

Back