Any S-Plan buyers?

stangmatt66

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 & 2005 Toyota Prius
I will soon be eligible for S-Plan pricing and I was wondering if anyone has used this pricing and how the buying process went.

gonna use it this weekend. i've mentioned it to the fleet managers from some of our dealerships in orange county through emails and they said that it's very simple.

on a side note, thanks for giving me input on the thread i started.

I used it also. I told the salesperson upfront that I was going to use it and had no problem at all. They actually did more than I expected as far as finding one that I wanted instead of trying to get me to take one that had most of the features I was looking for.

Seems like the buying experience is better when the haggling gets taken out of it.

Mike

I used S plan as well. My experience was enjoyable. No haggling.

Yep it's a great program. You have even less to haggle about if you sell your user car privately. Won't that be nice to have a S plan trade-in price.

As a salesperson, I love my s-plan customers. It's nice and simple and since I don't get paid by the hour, it's a quick process, too. The hardest part is finding the right car, which is the way it should be.

Great! Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear that sales people are ok with this program and don't treat their customers poorly. It seems like they're treated better!

supplier plan. if you work for a company that supplies any parts/service for mazda, you get s-plan. the price is on every invoice so there is no negotiation at all. ford has X plan, D plan (dealership employees) and A/Z Plan (Ford employees/Retirees).

S-Plan prices vary per model, but the S-Plan price for the CX-7 was the same as the invoice price.

Hells yeah it roxors b****!
I will be using it again with DA WIFE'S RX8 (rockon)

S-plan pricing was a snap. Dealer did nothing for the sale as we called the 1-800 number for Mazda and had them locate the 7 package we wanted and had it shipped.

Recently purchased my CX-7 GT AWD, red copper with the sand interior. I am truly loving it. Not able to do the S plan, but I found the cars I wanted within a 150 mile radius and e-mailed everyone. Ended up purchasing at $200 over invoice with the after market dealer x-tras at no additional charge. I hate buying cars, but hearing from 8 different dealers was helpful.

Bought with S-Plan

stangmatt66 said:
I will soon be eligible for S-Plan pricing and I was wondering if anyone has used this pricing and how the buying process went.

I just bought mine on Sat and the S-Plan was useful but you must be careful!! Look for additional "*****istrative" or other dealer related fees.
The S-Plan specifies that the dealer may add a customary fee for blah blah blah, etc and so I was expecting this. When I saw a $250 fee on the S-Plan invoice I assumed this was the fee. Wrong! There was an additional fee of $500 listed on the contract for dealer adm1n fees. This is definitely negotiable. If you agree to pay that, you're really paying something like 3% over invoice as opposed to the promised and hallowed invoice price. I couldn't get them to take the whole amount off but you never know....

Apparently the $250 is not negotiable as it is written on the S-Plan invoice. At least that was my situation.

There are other ways to negotiate as well... financing can sometimes be used to your advantage.

Curious to hear how you make out.

C-Man said:
I just bought mine on Sat and the S-Plan was useful but you must be careful!! Look for additional "*****istrative" or other dealer related fees.
The S-Plan specifies that the dealer may add a customary fee for blah blah blah, etc and so I was expecting this. When I saw a $250 fee on the S-Plan invoice I assumed this was the fee. Wrong! There was an additional fee of $500 listed on the contract for dealer adm1n fees. This is definitely negotiable. If you agree to pay that, you're really paying something like 3% over invoice as opposed to the promised and hallowed invoice price. I couldn't get them to take the whole amount off but you never know....

Apparently the $250 is not negotiable as it is written on the S-Plan invoice. At least that was my situation.

There are other ways to negotiate as well... financing can sometimes be used to your advantage.

Curious to hear how you make out.

C-Man,

Thanks for the reply. Everyone was making the S-Plan out to be too easy to be true. Sounds like there are definetly some things to look out for. With RX-8 prices dropping rapidly due to recalls, it looks like my CX-7 purchase won't be until my lease is up in September '07. I was trying to dump my RX-8 before then, but looks like I won't get a fair deal, especially at a Mazda dealership where new RX-8s are going for what KBB and NADA say mine's worth.

get me the MSRP and I will give you the S-Plan Price

stangmatt66 said:
Give me the msrp & I will give you the S-Plan Price

Back