tires

wongster said:
hmmm interesting.. arnt car manufactores suppose to use the same tires for the same model??

No, they are not. I've seen this happened in many cars. That's why when you buy a car you get a brochure for different brand's warranty.

They vary depending on your location (all weather or summer) also depending on their stock.

Is all about the Benjamins, which ever company supply tires for them at the lowest price at the moment the manufacturer purchases the bulk of tires.

All they are required is that the tires are the same rating used at the time of testing (safety and crash).

The Goodyears were on the early production models. When they ran out of those the contract switched over to the Bridgestones. Really quite amazing how well the CX-7 handles on s*** tires, with some real tires it will be unreal.

These Tires are Hot

Does anyone know who makes these and where I can get them?

I found this pic on the net and want these for my Cx-7 GT.

Attachments

• cx7_01.jpg
    cx7_01.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 915
Tech711 said:
Does anyone know who makes these and where I can get them?

I found this pic on the net and want these for my Cx-7 GT.

That was a prototype shot and they don't exist unfortunately.

Different Tires for Different Models

The GT comes with the Goodyear RSX while the Touring & Sport comes with the Bridgestone.

I changed the Goodyear RSX to Goodyear LS2. The RSX are a piece of scrap rubber and Goodyear knows it. You will be lucky to get 20K-25K miles out of them. Unfortunately it is Mazda's choice to use the RSX.

Goodyear Service Store Rep told me that the car manufacturers are specing tires for the heavier Cross-SUV's that aren't designed for that type of vehicle.

He told me he has one customer that goes through a set of tires every 8-10K on their Infinity.

The car manufacturers are putting large & unsuall size tires on the vehicles and there isn't the manufacturing capacity out there for these tires. I.E. there is a limited choice of tires that fit these vehicles.

This is an tire Industry problem not a single tire manufacturer problem.

Goodyear has a new tire - The Resoponse Edge - that should be a really good tire and the New Fortera. Not made in the size we need right now but hopefully they will be in the next year.

There are currently about 6 choices in type of tire in your OE size.

My car is equipped with the Goodyear Eagle RS-A. Scrap rubber? No. Sorry. Just because someone only gets crap miles on their Infinity doesn't mean it's a 'scrap rubber' tire. The Goodyear is superior to the Bridgestone in this case (usually a comment I'd never make). Also, according to Bridgestone's official release they are supplying 'S' speed rated tires. Goodyears are rated 'H'. Much more appropriate.

Manufacturer's aren't neccesarily spec'ing tires that aren't desinged for the x-over SUV. No tire really is designed specifically for that application. Tires in the sizes equipped stock on the CX-7 aren't going to be general passenger car tires. The simple size of the tire dictates that it isn't for your Neon. It's not an LT (light truck) tire, and you don't need one. If they made a Bridgestone Insignia (basic, basic passenger tire) in the correct size it would be fine for your CX-7. Keep in mind that OE tires are softer than the EXACT same aftermarket tire and will NOT last as long as your second set.

In my opinion (I work in the tire industry) Goodyears aren't worth their salt.

When the CX needs new tires I'll be shodding it with Advans. Thank you very much.

The Ls-2 is an inferior tire to the OE RS-A. True statement.

Last edited:
Not True

Unit 91 said:
There are currently about 6 choices in type of tire in your OE size.

My car is equipped with the Goodyear Eagle RS-A. Scrap rubber? No. Sorry. Just because someone only gets crap miles on their Infinity doesn't mean it's a 'scrap rubber' tire. The Goodyear is superior to the Bridgestone in this case (usually a comment I'd never make). Also, according to Bridgestone's official release they are supplying 'S' speed rated tires. Goodyears are rated 'H'. Much more appropriate.

Manufacturer's aren't neccesarily spec'ing tires that aren't desinged for the x-over SUV. No tire really is designed specifically for that application. Tires in the sizes equipped stock on the CX-7 aren't going to be general passenger car tires. The simple size of the tire dictates that it isn't for your Neon. It's not an LT (light truck) tire, and you don't need one. If they made a Bridgestone Insignia (basic, basic passenger tire) in the correct size it would be fine for your CX-7. Keep in mind that OE tires are softer than the EXACT same aftermarket tire and will NOT last as long as your second set.

In my opinion (I work in the tire industry) Goodyears aren't worth their salt.

When the CX needs new tires I'll be shodding it with Advans. Thank you very much.

The Ls-2 is an inferior tire to the OE RS-A. True statement.

You may work for in the industry but you don't know Goodyear Products. I have very good information that Goodyear knows they have a problem with the RSA's - They are very loud and get very poor mileage. Customers are not happy with them. I got 15k on my BMW 528 and had to replace them - I just replaced my wife's RSA's, on her Acura RSX, with LS. Much quieter & better ride. I have had lots of experince & knowledge on these products.

Just because I know a lot about Goodyears I can not and will not comment on other brands.

dhiney said:
You may work for in the industry but you don't know Goodyear Products. I have very good information that Goodyear knows they have a problem with the RSA's - They are very loud and get very poor mileage. Customers are not happy with them. I got 15k on my BMW 528 and had to replace them - I just replaced my wife's RSA's, on her Acura RSX, with LS. Much quieter & better ride. I have had lots of experince & knowledge on these products.

Just because I know a lot about Goodyears I can not and will not comment on other brands.

You're saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, but you backed me up by confirming the RS-A is a horrible tire. I wouldn't put a Goodyear on my car. Period. I've had several sets on several cars and have NEVER been happy. To each their own, I guess.

I have Bridgestone Turanza on my AWD GT. I really don't know tires so are these considered good???

Back