Moonroof / Bose Audio / 6CD Changer package

Hi my soon-to-be fellow CX-7 owners:

I am so close to buying the CX-7, I could just taste the juicy black cherry mica paint (yes, that's my color of choice). Along with the sand GT leather, I plan on adding the moonroof/bose package at an S-Plan price of $1,379. I may have to pass on that package for two reasons:

1. I would like to have a panoramic sunroof instead, like the Ford Edge.
2. I wonder if I can get a better looking, better sounding system than the Bose/CD system offered.

If you were me, what would you do? How much is a custom fitted panoramic sunroof roughly? Would it look nice and integrate well with the electrical components of this car? How does the Bose sound system compare?

Also, just wanted to let you all know that you've been a great resource in reaffirming my decision on this kick-ass vehicle.

~pSyGoN PoLYgOn~
Positive
Education
Activates
Constant
Elevation

I love the Panoramic roof too...even mentioned it on the forum a while back. Not sure but I bet it's near $1000 and wonder what it would do to the integrity of the car. I love the Ford Edge for that reason alone but I love Mazda's and their Zoom, Zoom.....maybe next time or maybe Mazda will offer it someday!

Personally, I would not allow someone to cut a hole in my roof to install an aftermarket sun/moonroof. I suggest getting the Moonroof/Bose package or looking at a different SUV that comes from the factory with the bigger sunroof.

well, i wouldn't be installing the moonroof or the sound system right away. probably after five years or when i pay off the car, whichever comes first. reading through the forums, i'm hearing positive things about the bose system. i pose another question for you all, AWD or FWD? i live in orange county, southern california.

Last edited:
pSyGoN PoLYgOn said:
i pose another question for you all, AWD or FWD? i live in orange county, southern california.

Seeing as how we don't get much snow or rain here in the OC, I would say go for the FWD. Save the weight and the gas. FWD will be my choice when I pick up my CX-7.

Also, I wasn't saying that I wouldn't let someone cut a hole in my roof becuase of the warranty, but rather for the problems that could stem from a non-factory moonroof (ie. leaks, lower resale value). And why spend 5 years with the CX-7 with no sunroof to put one in later, when you can enjoy the factory moonroof now?

Last edited:
Bose system

1400 miles with the bose system and very happy with it. You may not like the looks but it is the best new car system I have heard. MartyD

I've got the Bose and the sunroof. I enjoy them both, though I haven't got that "centerpoint" thingie figured out yet.

An aftermarket panoramic, in addition to the cutting, will require some ingenious wiring as well.

Back