ebc

hi did someone install any ebc on his speed .i have an apexi avcr still in my box and waiting !!!! just wanna be sure im not loosing my time installing it for 1.5 psi of gain ! i will sale it and buy an mbc instead

what is the max psi you can get !!! before hittng fuel cut ??

any fcd on the market ???

thanks french dude!!!!!

speedlouis said:
hi did someone install any ebc on his speed .i have an apexi avcr still in my box and waiting !!!! just wanna be sure im not loosing my time installing it for 1.5 psi of gain ! i will sale it and buy an mbc instead

what is the max psi you can get !!! before hittng fuel cut ??

any fcd on the market ???

thanks french dude!!!!!
Alright french dude.....There are several people including myself whom have manual boost controlers on their cars....my goal was not to increase psi but to increase the length of boost or powerband. I was unsuccesfull with the MBC and I cant really say that performance increased...to be honest IT DIDNT. I ran the same times at 17psi as I did at 15. So to answer your question I would tell you to put the EBc in because it will regulate your boost better. You may have notice on your boost gauge..(im assuming of course you have one) that the boost tends to be all over the freakn place. I myself only have 12-13 psi in 1st and 2nd gear and once it reaches around 5800rpms the boost starts to fall. So I fully intend on buying one (probably turbosmart). If you install before me let me know what kind of results you get as far as holding boost and at what rpms it starts and ends in all gears. Oh yeah and 18psi is where your fuel cutoff is.....very bad....IT COULD DETONATE....dont do it. And a fuel cut defender will let you increase the boost past the fuel cutoff but it will not increase the fuel...In other words your fuel/air ratio will probably be off and CAN AND WILL screw up your $25,000 car. Just some words of advice.

Last edited:
yep should do it before winter but on my old madaspeed protege my apexi avcr did a great job i was abble to get a 10 psi stable whit no peak at all .This is why i want install an ebc to control evrething by rpm by gear etc to push it border line to 18 psi without peak

anyway the turbo is too small too push more than that we should be abble to get a turbo upgrade some day gt28 r should be a great upgrades

Back