Anyone find some decent floor mats yet?

snorris

:
2007 CX-7 GT Copper Red
I just picked up my Copper Red GT AWD w/Sand Interior and Tech Package on Saturday and so far, I love it. Doesn't have quite the seating height as the Escape I traded, but it is better than what you'd get in a sedan and I find it quite comfortable. I'm sure that as time goes by I won't even notice the difference. So far, I'm happy with the vehicle

Anyway, as is usually the case, the standard carpeted floor mats provided by the manufacturer are junk. I know it's early yet and a lot of the aftermarket places don't have accessories for the CX-7 yet, but has anyone run across some decent floor mats? I really liked the premium mats I had in my Escape, they were sort of like the CatchAll mats where they fit snugly up against the sides with deep lips so as to keep all the crap from sneaking by and getting on the carpet.

Snorris:

I too hate the facotry carpet mats. I am looking to get a set of all weather rubber mats. Have a set for my RX-8 and they are great.

nopstnz said:
Snorris:

I too hate the facotry carpet mats. I am looking to get a set of all weather rubber mats. Have a set for my RX-8 and they are great.

I have the all weather in our CX-7 and they are alright. However in my personal opinion the best are the rouged floor mats that you buy at wally world (wal-mart) for $8 each. They might be ugly but they catch all.
I used to have them in our previous SUV and they worked better than the CX-7's all weather mat.

i bought my all weather mats at cdn tire in canada. two for the front, and one big long one to put in the back... cost me 40 bucks cdn total.

spike blue said:

FYI... WeatherTech finally has their Floor Liners available for the CX-7:
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=1296&Year=2007

It took about 2 weeks to get them and they are a little pricey ($104.95 w/ shipping & tax just for the front set) but they fit like a glove and will keep all the crap from sneaking by the edges. I had something similar in my previous vehicle and after 5 years the carpet still looked like new so I'm not bothered by the cost. They are sort of a rubberized material so I may cut some "liners" out of rubber backed carpet runner just to make things look a little nicer during the warm weather months and remove it during the winter months.

Last edited:
Do those work if you have the NAV system? I know my factory ones have a shorter mat for the rear passenger side because the DVD-ROM for the Nav is under the front passenger seat.

They definately look like they cover more of the floor than the mazda ones.

AWmustang said:
Do those work if you have the NAV system? I know my factory ones have a shorter mat for the rear passenger side because the DVD-ROM for the Nav is under the front passenger seat.

They definately look like they cover more of the floor than the mazda ones.

I can't say because I only got them for the front as I rarely have backseat passengers and was only concerned about finding something better for the front. However, I don't have any reason to believe that the rear set would not fit properly.

snorris said:
FYI... WeatherTech finally has their Floor Liners available for the CX-7:
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=1296&Year=2007

It took about 2 weeks to get them and they are a little pricey ($104.95 w/ shipping & tax just for the front set) but they fit like a glove and will keep all the crap from sneaking by the edges.

Great! Good to know weathertech came through for the cx-7. I had the floor liners in my Explorer and they are worth every penny...I plan on getting a set right around October for my new rig ;)

Anyone need a set of front tan floor liners for an 06 explorer? Cheap?

Back