Hey Z-Monster

lllateralus

:
2007 liquid plat. CX-7
Hey man, ever since I sold my S2000, I have wanted another car like it.
Z has been one of my top choices. I have really only had 4 interests...
Another S2000, (pre 03' with the awesome 9000RPM redline)
350Z,
another 90-96 300ZX Twin Turbo with some mods,
or an RX-8.

How do you like your Z? I know you like it, but WHAT do you like about it?
I did race one in my S2000, I got the jump on him, and he never caught up.
(I didnt pull away either, he stayed at my left rear corner)

Must be fun with all the torque, though. (S2000 lacks low end torque! Then there is only 153 ft lbs all the way up at 7500, and 240HP at 8300)

Spin donuts easily?

Quality? Fit and finish? What year is it? How many miles? If you dont mind, if you purchased it pre-owned, how much did you pay/how many miles at time of purchase?

Do many owners add forced induction? How does the 3.5 take to it?
What mods do you have, how are the gains if any?

And to make this thread CX-7 forum appropriate.... (peep) How does the quality of the CX compare to the Z in your exp. so far?

Answer as many or as few of these questions as you wish... trying to decide if I really want a Z. (wont get driven much, as I have a little boy)

Answer as many or as little of these as you want.

lllateralus said:
Hey man, ever since I sold my S2000, I have wanted another car like it.
Z has been one of my top choices. I have really only had 4 interests...
Another S2000, (pre 03' with the awesome 9000RPM redline)
350Z,
another 90-96 300ZX Twin Turbo with some mods,
or an RX-8.

How do you like your Z? I know you like it, but WHAT do you like about it?
I did race one in my S2000, I got the jump on him, and he never caught up.
(I didnt pull away either, he stayed at my left rear corner)

Must be fun with all the torque, though. (S2000 lacks low end torque! Then there is only 153 ft lbs all the way up at 7500, and 240HP at 8300)

Spin donuts easily?

Quality? Fit and finish? What year is it? How many miles? If you dont mind, if you purchased it pre-owned, how much did you pay/how many miles at time of purchase?

Do many owners add forced induction? How does the 3.5 take to it?
What mods do you have, how are the gains if any?

And to make this thread CX-7 forum appropriate.... (peep) How does the quality of the CX compare to the Z in your exp. so far?

Answer as many or as few of these questions as you wish... trying to decide if I really want a Z. (wont get driven much, as I have a little boy)

Answer as many or as little of these as you want.

My Z is a 2004.5 and I bought her brand new with 20 miles on her. I pay 34K for it. I have the Touring model, which includes leather seats (frost leather, like Mazda's sand leather), Bose Stereo (I think is weak for what you pay), traction control, dynamic control, 18' wheels, HID lights and limited slip.

The models on the Z have change, now they include more stuff standard.

In my opinion, if you want a Z you don't need the most expensive model. But you do need the limited slip diferential. If it doesnt come with the base model I recommend Quaife Diferential, is about $1,500 but is the best. A 350Z without limited slip is not fun.

I drove a friends S2K before and let me tell ya, I love the S2000. Thats what I originally wanted but ended up with the Z (and I am glad I did).

What is best about the S2000

Inside finish is a little nicer that the Z but not by much.
The transmission on the S2k is a lot smother than the Z.
It handles more nimble.
High revving engine.

What is not good about the S2000

Less cargo space than the Z.
It feels like you are driving a civic in regular driving.
It has no torque compare to the Z.
It cost too much for what you get.
It only comes in convertible and the hard top is another $3,500.
You cant get more power N/A. (2.2L 240HP thats as good as it gets)
Higher insurance cause is a convertible.

Why I chose the Z.

V6 (Japanese equivalent to V8)
RWD
Straight up SEXY
I personally love the handling in my car and the power. I drive it like I stole it almost every time. Quick response power (no vtec BS). I personally dont like convertibles that much (A/C is better IMO). I got more for the same price.

300zx - I used to own a 91 turbo. Great car in its time, I rather drive a Z now days.
RX-8 Heel no, never was an option. It looks good as heel though, but I dont like the suicidal doors and absolutely hate the fact that they are under power. They stand no chance against a 350z unless you are boosting.

Now RX-7 or last generation Supra, those two are pure sexy and I would love to own one, specially the Supra.

CX-7 vs 350z

Mazda interior is always better looking than Nissan. However is hard to compare cause CX-7 and Z are to different animals. I personally trust more Nissans reliability over Mazda. Now, the CX-7 is the sickest most wicked Sporty SUV I have ever seen, and for the price you cant beat it. Compare to the Murano is better in all aspects hands down.

Everything that I have said is my personal opinion and I am sure people will disagree with me in some. I personally would never buy a CX-7 if it was for me. But thats because I rather drive a sports car. I love my CX-7 and I am glad I decided to buy it.

I suggest you take your time, test drive all your options and make your own list of pros and cons, then decide what you want.

Check this thread and the entire forum for great info. I love this site, people are cool, is well organized and very informative:

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71040&highlight=350z+vs+s2000

And of course don't hesitate to ask more questions. I hope I answer all.(glare)

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

ps. My S2000 was a 2000 model, and had the 2.0 litre. (and the 9000RPM redline)

2004 and newer are 2.2 litre and only rev to 8 grand. (Same HP, slightly more torque)

lllateralus said:
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

ps. My S2000 was a 2000 model, and had the 2.0 litre. (and the 9000RPM redline)

2004 and newer are 2.2 litre and only rev to 8 grand. (Same HP, slightly more torque)

You are right, my mistake. I like them a lot but for some reason I like the 350z better. If I could I'll have them both.(glare)

I am done modding my Z for now. I am planning on getting out of the military next year so I need to save money. Plus I am thinking to get a crotch rocket again, hopefully next year, aYamaha R1 (keeping the Z ofcourse).

Z_Monzter said:
You are right, my mistake. I like them a lot but for some reason I like the 350z better. If I could I'll have them both.(glare)

I am done modding my Z for now. I am planning on getting out of the military next year so I need to save money. Plus I am thinking to get a crotch rocket again, hopefully next year, aYamaha R1 (keeping the Z ofcourse).

cool that you're getting the aYamaha , nice choice in the Z though, i love that one better than the S2000 , but both are great cars!!!!

If i could get one i would get the Z! (glare)

spike blue said:
cool that you're getting the aYamaha , nice choice in the Z though, i love that one better than the S2000 , but both are great cars!!!!

If i could get one i would get the Z! (glare)

(friday) Yeap, yeap

lllateralus said:
Z, you know the S2000 is RWD with Torsen limited slip, right? :)

Yea bro, I now, but the Z base model does not have limited slip. That's why I mention it. And a RWD with now limited slip is not as fun.(glare)

I understand.. Only reason I mentioned it is you put "RWD" under 'Why I chose the Z'.

Wanted to make sure the S2000 got the RWD respect from you that it deserves! :)

lllateralus said:
I understand.. Only reason I mentioned it is you put "RWD" under 'Why I chose the Z'.

Wanted to make sure the S2000 got the RWD respect from you that it deserves! :)

Yes sir, no doubt. I respect and like the S2k very much.

Chech this hot pictures out, specially the blue S2000

Here are a few I snapped.

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

Yes.. awesome. Below are my personal favorites.
These cars (including BOTH S2000's) are just calling my name... absolutely f'ing gorgeous. The beauty (and performance) of the Z's, and the Racey look (and feel) of the S2000.. I just love all of them, and if I had to chose which one of the following cars to take home, It might take me a month to decide.(omg)
Edit> And looking at your sig, your Z is right there with these cars.
The first pic is aimed at the BLUE Z, and I dont care for the front lip on the orange, but other than that.........(shocked)

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

lllateralus said:
Yes.. awesome. Below are my personal favorites.
These cars (including BOTH S2000's) are just calling my name... absolutely f'ing gorgeous. The beauty (and performance) of the Z's, and the Racey look (and feel) of the S2000.. I just love all of them, and if I had to chose which one of the following cars to take home, It might take me a month to decide.(omg)
Edit> And looking at your sig, your Z is right there with these cars.
The first pic is aimed at the BLUE Z, and I dont care for the front lip on the orange, but other than that.........(shocked)

The Blue one has Volks TE37's (Made in Japan). Forged 1 piece Monoblock (very light, strong racing wheels) in Black, 9.5 f 10.5 r. Very nice wheels.
The Orange has Volks SF Challenges in GunMetal. Two piece wheels 9.5 f 10.5 r. Very nice wheels.
The last Blue one has Axis Milanos. Axis is an American made brand.
The 20 Penta's that I had before are made by Axis. Good wheels but never as good as the Volks of the RH Pro's (also made in Japan 9.0 f 10.5 r) that I have in my car. I personally don't like Axis Milano, to me they look old fashion.
And the blue S2000 is just plain sexy even though I personally don't like baby blue, but this one is Hot as hell. The wheels I believe are Advans (Japanese wheels).

Back