Newbie!!! Help!!!

rainmen

:
2006 mazda 6i
k, so got the 06 mazda 6i. had a 99 altima before that i hooked up quite a bit. generel questions, rough estimates on hp gain for intake, exhaust, and header? im thinkin 20-25? found a pulley on horsepowerfreaks.com. wonderin what that would do? mainly just want find some ppl who have hooked up there 6i. hit me back

CPE CAI is the first mod if you want bang for teh buck. Dont bother with pullies and stuff untill you do the CPE CAI.

1killercls said:
CPE CAI is the first mod if you want bang for teh buck. Dont bother with pullies and stuff untill you do the CPE CAI.

will a bypass valve on the cai 100 percent make sure water does not get into the engine?

nothing is 100% with respect to that, but it will significantly reduce your chances of hydrolock. hydrolock happens in two instances: either a freak occurrance (which is rare), or you're driving like your car is amphibious. Avoid the latter and you'll be fine.

here's a tip: if you go with the CAI, and you're driving in water up to the bottom of your front bumper you're walking on thin ice my friend. but why would you drive through water that deep regardless?

Yep CAI filters for this body style is usualy higher that the side marker and lug nuts... Mine is lower due to it being *custom*. Just to pigy back on what was said earlier:

*freak occurances could happen in modified and stock form.
*just from driving into a mini lake could result in this.

My rule of thumb *not 100% guarenteed* is if you can't see the curb or entire fire hydrant next to the road, don't attemt it.

Da 6 said:
Yep CAI filters for this body style is usualy higher that the side marker and lug nuts... Mine is lower due to it being *custom*. Just to pigy back on what was said earlier:

*freak occurances could happen in modified and stock form.
*just from driving into a mini lake could result in this.

My rule of thumb *not 100% guarenteed* is if you can't see the curb or entire fire hydrant next to the road, don't attemt it.

lol, ya um reason im askin guys is cuz its happened to me b4, (blown engine). so, im scared to put another cai on. u thank theres a big difference on a regular intake and cai? i do.

Short ram cancels out stock hp on hot days :( Been there and reason I custom fabbed mine to be lower and opened the fog light delete plate. Only other thing I can add the 6 has others don't is the fender is sealed off on the bottom unlike most other cars. If you aren't comfortable then thats cool.

Da 6 said:
Short ram cancels out stock hp on hot days :( Been there and reason I custom fabbed mine to be lower and opened the fog light delete plate. Only other thing I can add the 6 has others don't is the fender is sealed off on the bottom unlike most other cars. If you aren't comfortable then thats cool.

hahaha, ya well i live in phx. where the average temp is 105. gotta go wit the cai, get the bypass valve, and box it in. on my altima i had it boxed in with plexiglass and never had any problems. so u got the header for ur 6i? saw one on draxas for 350 dollars.

eh bypass valves tend to detererate from heat, flake away/crack falling into the intake air. you also have to cut up your intake to install the BPV making the value alot less. Makes it harder to sell the intake if you decide the car isn't for you and sell/trade for *something else*. I told myself I wouldn't get rid of the car and seems like every 2 years I did.

If you wish to change from cai to sri as you felt needed or seasons change, Injen is your best bet IIRC.

Da 6 said:
eh bypass valves tend to detererate from heat, flake away/crack falling into the intake air. you also have to cut up your intake to install the BPV making the value alot less. Makes it harder to sell the intake if you decide the car isn't for you and sell/trade for *something else*. I told myself I wouldn't get rid of the car and seems like every 2 years I did.

If you wish to change from cai to sri as you felt needed or seasons change, Injen is your best bet IIRC.

k, i dont know if draxas.com just sux or maybe there slackin rite now. but can anybody tell me where to find a header for my 6i???????

draxas is pretty much just selling out their inventory and shuttin down shop due to some more lucrative business elsewhere... sorry man.

tsunami said:
draxas is pretty much just selling out their inventory and shuttin down shop due to some more lucrative business elsewhere... sorry man.

so any other sited that u know of?

rainmen said:
will a bypass valve on the cai 100 percent make sure water does not get into the engine?

Bypass valves are worthless!! Don't drive through a lake and you wont have any problems.

Draxas just sucks, NIk is easy to get ahold of until he has your money but once he has it good luck......

Last edited:
Back